Page 62 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Dave,

Happy to hear home is on the mend...Excited to hear of the LUNA progress!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

I am considering these Luna's for my computer. Any suggestions as to a Amplifier to drive these speakers? Need something smaller to sit on my desk.

In my mind, I have decided on the Dayton Audio APA150, but am open to other options. I wouldn't mind if there was a similar amp to the APA150 (class AB and not class T or D) that also had a USB DAC in the same approximate price range.

I have TWO awesome older AV receivers, that would work perfectly as an amp, but they are too big. If I could just figure out how to set the reviver off my desk, but still within remote control range, that would also work.

Thanks for any suggestions!

What about an IR extender? Probably 20 or 30 bucks, wired (probably more reliable, you'll have speaker wire anyhow) or wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by taigovinda View Post
    What about an IR extender? Probably 20 or 30 bucks, wired (probably more reliable, you'll have speaker wire anyhow) or wireless.
    Great Idea, thanks!

Good news..

Boxes showed up today. As of today, we now have the boxes, woofers, tweeters, crossovers, labels and all hardware (gaskets, screws, keyhole brackets etc.) ready to go.

Cabinets are due here this Friday.

Unfortunately, there is a slight delay on the custom made packaging foam - it will be here on the 31st of this month.

Additionally, I have taken the majority of the measurements for posting (just need to run the polar response which I should complete tonight).

For those on our pre-notification list, emails will start being sent out this Friday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks for the update Dave. It's getting close!
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    Thanks for the update Dave. It's getting close!
    Yep - I am fairly confident that we will start building this Monday. I am listening to my pair right now
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Awesome! Congrats Dave on what is certain to be a fantastic speaker!

BTW, how's the revamped website coming along?
    Last edited by Mag_Neato; 03-23-2017 at 10:48 AM.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Ok, I just read this whole thread and would like some guidance from you guys who know a lot more than me. My room is 19 x 35 x 9. Currently running Sierra Towers and Horizon with RAAL with dual Rythmik FV15HPs and some old Sound Dynamics side surrounds high on the wall and aimed at the LP. Want to add some rear surrounds and replace the high side surrounds. The rears would be about 10 ft behind the main LP (approx 25 ft from LCR) and side would go where currently mounted to the side and up high but aimed down. Rear mounting is not an issue, can either go on walls or hang from ceiling aimed at LP. Was thinking about the 200s to save some money then started considering two pairs of Lunas. As I read this thread I started thinking that maybe the rear surround might be too far away to use the Lunas and considering maybe Sierra 2s for the rear and Lunas for the side/height.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Awesome! Congrats Dave on what is certain to be a fantastic speaker!

BTW, how's the revamped website coming along?
    Thanks! We have confirmed that Luna cabinets will be here sometime tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully the packaging foam will arrive sooner than the end of next week, but it is being custom tooled for us and as I understand it, it takes additional time to get the die cutting machine properly set.

Website is coming along nicely - getting closer and closer each day. Ill see if I can post a preview of the home page. I have to say I will miss the old site
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com