Page 56 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by Kef3992 View Post
    As you can see in my previous post, my HTM 200SE speakers are mounted horizontally. They are mounted with Vantage Point BSM-B Bookshelf Series Speaker Mounts. Because of my 7' ceiling height, I will have to mount the Luna horizontally. I do not think one threaded insert will be enough to mount the Luna this way.
    Understood - but you can always use a wood screw into the cabinet wherever needed.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Curious to know if my vintage 1977 Marantz 2265b receiver, rated at 65 watts per channel, will power the Luna's for a basic stereo set-up in a 12' x 15' room with 7.5' ceiling.
    Last edited by timmbw; 01-03-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timmbw View Post
    Curious to know if my vintage 1977 Marantz 2265b receiver, rated at 65 watts per channel, will power the Luna's for a basic stereo set-up in a 12' x 15' room with 7.5' ceiling.
    It would probably depend on how loud you are going to listen. Any idea of the average/peak decibels?
    Nate

That Marantz was decently spec'd power-wise. It won't produce ear splitting levels, but should do okay:

http://www.dnaelectronics.ca/specs/marantz_2265b.html

I am not into vintage gear, but the 2265b looks like a nice unit:

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li...ntz/2265.shtml

http://classicreceivers.com/marantz-2265b

Quote Originally Posted by timmbw View Post
    Absolutely! - although I would strongly recommend using a subwoofer like the L12 with them. Our listening room here at the shop is 14' wide x 20' long and the listening position is 12' from the speakers. The Luna's easily fill this well damped room. Assuming your listening position is ~8ft from the speakers and accounting for typical room gain, you will be able to reach peaks of ~100dB, which is much louder than most people would ever listen at.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Absolutely! - although I would strongly recommend using a subwoofer like the L12 with them. Our listening room here at the shop is 14' wide x 20' long and the listening position is 12' from the speakers. The Luna's easily fill this well damped room. Assuming your listening position is ~8ft from the speakers and accounting for typical room gain, you will be able to reach peaks of ~100dB, which is much louder than most people would ever listen at.
    I have been following this conversation from day one. Great to hear my Marantz will power the Luna's.

Thanks Dave! Look forward to placing my order.

Bruce
    Last edited by timmbw; 01-05-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Dave,

Any more recent estimates on ship date for the first batch of Luna's?

Hi Dave - What is the height of the center of the tweeter on the Luna (and on the S2) from the bottom of the cabinet?

I don't know about the Lunas, but on the S2, it's 11.5"

Sort of off topic, but is there any recommended means of cleaning the RAAL tweeter? Obviously compressed air is out of the question, but I'm worried mine have collected some pet dander over the last few years.