Page 40 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Loving what I am hearing!!!!
    re: that pic - what happened to the magnetic grills?

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by SGCSG1 View Post
    re: that pic - what happened to the magnetic grills?
    I think that's just the same sample cabinet he has been using since the beginning. Probably just popped the new woofer in it. The production models will likely/hopefully use the updated cabinet.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Quote Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post
    I think that's just the same sample cabinet he has been using since the beginning. Probably just popped the new woofer in it. The production models will likely/hopefully use the updated cabinet.
    100% correct. These initial prototype cabinets were made well before the discussion about magnetic grilles.

From this point forward, purchase orders for the cabinets need to be issued. Once materials arrive for the cabinets, another prototype cabinet will be made that has all the correct features etc. I then need to fully inspect and then approve so that production on the cabinets can proceed.

There is now a massive amount of work ahead (not the kind of work I actually enjoy). I need to design packaging, product labels, various artwork, finalize the crossover, design a gasket for the woofer and enter a half dozen purchase orders with vendors for various parts. In the long run, it will be worth it as this should end up being a truly special and unique product. I was working on my todo list for the Luna this afternoon, and it is quite intimidating to say the least. Need to remind myself - one step at a time, one step at a time lol.

In getting this little speaker to market, it is easily as much work (possibly even more at this point) as our towers were.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Those naturals will match my naturals!
    When can you make it down for a listen?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    When can you make it down for a listen?
    I am going to plan a date with Mike...and hopefully Mitch too.
    -curtis

Looking good, Dave!
    Has developing the Luna brought to light any advancements that could apply to the Sierra-2?

Don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing about the Sierra-2 that I find fault with, just curious since R&D has a way of uncovering ways to better a product.

Keep up the excellent work!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Dave, any chance of magnetic grills for the Sierra Towers and Sierra 2s?
    Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
    Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE (x2) + FV25HP | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 (x2) | Panasonic 820 | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony VW295ES | 92" Stewart ST100 |
    Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
    Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony 65Z9D |

I'd certainly entertain purchasing the Luna's...if I can sell off my custom satin espresso htm-200s...frankly... thou as much as I would love having a full compliment of Sierra surrounds...I'm pretty happy with the 200s...now...if people are wooed over(@Curtis) I might rethink my position.
    Last edited by billy p; 10-27-2016 at 12:47 PM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    I'd certainly entertain purchasing the Luna's...if I can sell off my custom satin espresso htm-200s...frankly... thou as much as I would love having a full compliment of Sierra surrounds...I'm pretty happy with the 200s...now...if people are wooed over(@Curtis) I might rethink my position.
    Luna is on my wishlist for one room for sure, as mains on the wall.

For my main room as surrounds... while I'd love to have Lunas, I'd be quick to buy your custom stained 200s and save the rest for a horizon. How much shipped to Chicagoland!?

Tai

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Looking good, Dave!
    Has developing the Luna brought to light any advancements that could apply to the Sierra-2?

Don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing about the Sierra-2 that I find fault with, just curious since R&D has a way of uncovering ways to better a product.

Keep up the excellent work!
    I learned that offering true high end audio performance in such a small form factor was *nearly* impossible, lol.

Later today I will be doing direct A/B comparisons against the Sierra-2 crossed at 80Hz with a steep slope.

The thing with these Luna's is that it is rather shocking to hear this level of performance coming from speakers so small. In that regard - and in many respects, there is more of a WOW experience than with the Sierra-2. I am excited for someone / anyone - to pay us a visit and have a listen.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com