Page 4 of 112 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Definitely interested in the development of these!!!

Size of the sattelite would be good to know too! I hope Dave is considering going at least half the size of the current Sierra cabinet
    CURRENT SETUP:
    JRiver MC and PS3 -> Onkyo TX-SR705 via HDMI -> Sierra-2 LCR & Energy Take Classic surrounds and sub
    =============================================

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

IMO, people who buy these are the ones who is looking a speaker with ease of placement, likely to put it on shelfs, good wife acceptance. If these are rear ported they may not be to suitable to be put up against wall. Would a front ported be better? I even think a front slotted port is a much better way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoJoa View Post
    IMO, people who buy these are the ones who is looking a speaker with ease of placement, likely to put it on shelfs, good wife acceptance. If these are rear ported they may not be to suitable to be put up against wall. Would a front ported be better? I even think a front slotted port is a much better way to go.
    Dave, I would have to agree with the above! My interest in a Sierra-Sat would likely be in a confined space up against a wall, in a cabinet, or on the wall as a surround speaker. The option to have them front ported or sealed is more interesting to me rather than a rear port.

Just a thought.......

Im likely going to end up with a pair at one point or another to keep the streak going of owning I believe every Ascend speaker model made (minus the original 170/200 - I had the SE's).

Brandon

Any chance of a Gloss Espresso version for us folks who have the old shiny sierras?

Quote Originally Posted by merrymaid520 View Post
    Dave, I would have to agree with the above! My interest in a Sierra-Sat would likely be in a confined space up against a wall, in a cabinet, or on the wall as a surround speaker. The option to have them front ported or sealed is more interesting to me rather than a rear port.

Just a thought.......

Im likely going to end up with a pair at one point or another to keep the streak going of owning I believe every Ascend speaker model made (minus the original 170/200 - I had the SE's).

Brandon
    Same here, another vote for front-ported or sealed!

Interesting news - I haven't checked in in a while. Not sure I need surround sound being more music oriented. But it is something to consider.

Hi Dave,

How do you envision the Sierra Sats performing as mains? I imagine putting together 5 of these for a 5.1 system.

Here's one more vote in favor of front porting and a width narrower than the CBM.

Quote Originally Posted by pj- View Post
    Any chance of a Gloss Espresso version for us folks who have the old shiny sierras?
    Regrettably, this is unlikely at this point in time. This type of finishing has become extremely expensive and high gloss finishes seem to have lost their appeal.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Hi Dave,

How do you envision the Sierra Sats performing as mains? I imagine putting together 5 of these for a 5.1 system.
    Yes, this is the current plan and they should perform very well - but these would need to be paired with a sub.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com