Page 34 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Aren't we about due for some pics of the final version?

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by SGCSG1 View Post
    Aren't we about due for some pics of the final version?
    I apologize for the lack of updates, I have some good news and some bad. The good is that we have worked out a way to fit a rather complex crossover into such a small cabinet, this was something I was very concerned about.

The bad is that we are still in the process of tweaking the woofer. Together with SEAS, we have been experimenting with different weaving of the woven PP combined with different surrounds (low loss vs. higher loss surrounds). We aren't there just yet but I suspect this next version will reach our goals perfectly. If this version gets my approval, the Curv cone will look slightly different than the Curve cone in the Sierra-2 as this is a finer weave and so far performs better in a smaller diameter configuration.

If all goes well, our vendors should be able to start production of all the necessary components within ~ 3 weeks.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi David,
    Could you tell us more on the improvements you have been able to achieve through these later iterations?

Best regards and keep up the good work

Is the Sierra Satellite going to be what these are named? I love the Horizon moniker given the big center. Been trying to come up with something a bit more original. Being as the Moon is the most well known satellite, maybe something like the "Sierra Luna" might work? In any event, a speaker as special as this deserves better than "Sierra Sat".

Jay

How about the "Sierra Express?" Or "Diet Sierra"

I think the Raal line should be a model for the rest of the lineups from Ascend in the future moving forward -- having floor standing (with dedicated midrange), bookshelf, and satellite model options for each tweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
    Is the Sierra Satellite going to be what these are named? I love the Horizon moniker given the big center. Been trying to come up with something a bit more original. Being as the Moon is the most well known satellite, maybe something like the "Sierra Luna" might work? In any event, a speaker as special as this deserves better than "Sierra Sat".

Jay
    Wow - I really like Sierra Luna...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Wow - I really like Sierra Luna...
    I have to agree, out of all of the names tossed out so far, I think Sierra Luna is a perfect fit for the series.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Quote Originally Posted by H.Kh View Post
    Hi David,
    Could you tell us more on the improvements you have been able to achieve through these later iterations?

Best regards and keep up the good work
    It is about coming up with the ideal combination of mass and stiffness in order to optimize bass response vs sensitivity and transient accuracy....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post
    I have to agree, out of all of the names tossed out so far, I think Sierra Luna is a perfect fit for the series.
    Agree 100%, great name.