Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    I was just wondering.....which is dangerous......will this be similar to the Sierra-2 where you would simply rotate the tweeter for use as a center?
    Yep -- but depending on what our final costs on the woofer will be, we could make a very slim WTW center where we should be able to get woofer space close enough such that off-axis lobing will not be an issue.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

I would like to see them wall mountable. Find a good mount and make the Sat with mounting holes that fit it. Sell the mount via Ascend.

Some think there is room for a bi/di pole wall mount speaker in the line also.

Thanks to D. for finding time to make new product.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Definitely not targeting any currently existing product. This is not a knock on the SVS Sat's - but in my estimation, just a single Sierra-2 tweeter costs more than all of the components in a pair of the Sat's combined (excluding the cabinets). The Sierra Sat's will obviously cost considerably more. Frankly, our 200's (with dual cast frame 4" woofers + custom SEAS dual chambered neo soft dome tweeter) already do more than simply compete with the Prime Sat's

In addition, it is relatively simply for us to tool a different faceplate for the Sierra-2 tweeter to allow for a shorter overall cabinet height. Once we are able to finalize the requirements for cabinet volume, i'll throw out a few cabinet dimension options and feedback from our forum members will decide it. It should be fun
    I have no doubt that one RAAL tweeter costs more! I should've figured swapping faceplates was an option. If the HTM200's would have fit my application physically I would have definitely considered them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
    I would like to see them wall mountable. Find a good mount and make the Sat with mounting holes that fit it. Sell the mount via Ascend.

Some think there is room for a bi/di pole wall mount speaker in the line also.

Thanks to D. for finding time to make new product.
    Yep - easy wall mounting is planned.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    I have no doubt that one RAAL tweeter costs more! I should've figured swapping faceplates was an option. If the HTM200's would have fit my application physically I would have definitely considered them.
    The 200's are definitely larger than the Prime Sat's -- the Prime's are indeed quite small with a nice form factor. I actually just finished up a rather long listening session between a bunch of speakers. It has been a while since I spent quality time listening to the 200's as mains (no sub) -- and with several pairs of speakers I demoed, found myself wanting to keep putting the 200's back up. The 200's are so darn good, I should have introduced these at a much higher price, probably would have been more popular. component quality of the 200's at this price is just off the charts, we make a 33% margin on them, lol.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

The 200's are definitely larger than the Prime Sat's -- the Prime's are indeed quite small with a nice form factor. I actually just finished up a rather long listening session between a bunch of speakers. It has been a while since I spent quality time listening to the 200's as mains (no sub) -- and with several pairs of speakers I demoed, found myself wanting to keep putting the 200's back up. The 200's are so darn good, I should have introduced these at a much higher price, probably would have been more popular. component quality of the 200's at this price is just off the charts, we make a 33% margin on them, lol.
    You are an honest man, Dave!

Reaching that type of extension in a sealed enclosure with a single 4.5", while also being able to have decent efficiency and power handling would, unfortunately, be nearly impossible. That said, I will be investigating various possibilities with this new woofer, and potential variations of the woofer. Much depends on the what options SEAS is able to come up with for cone mass, motor strength, and coil length.
    Make a sealed vertical WTW? :-)

It would be nice to incorporate a custom wall mount bracket for flush mount against the wall..

If it has to be ported, can it be front ported design?

I can only imagine having never really heard the 200's.

I am currently demoing a pair of Wavecrest HVL-1's which you designed. Curtis was gracious enough to send a new pair for me to check out, and will be taking to a local GTG of AV nutheads! I hooked them up in my stereo 2.1 system in place of my Sierra-2's crossed to my 12" Rythmik. I know they are in different worlds but I'm not in a hurry to put the -2's back up. For $199/pr they are excellent!

So, the 200's have to be even better!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Yep -- but depending on what our final costs on the woofer will be, we could make a very slim WTW center where we should be able to get woofer space close enough such that off-axis lobing will not be an issue.
    That would be awesome. I for one would be very interested in that!
    -Ben