Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1117

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Ditto...though the towers might use a complete different set of drivers being a 3way.
    My set of circumstances is different with only my STC having RAAL...so I'll be looking at the very least swapping out 3 midranges...2 tweeters and bass driver units... perhaps...it's gonna be costly but worth it...moving forward.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by ne24611 View Post
    Dave -- For other upgrades you have provided a video showing the process. Do you plan on a video for the Luna/Duo upgrade? Also, could you provide us a link to the upgrade instructions? Thanks!
    WE don't plan on posting a video for this upgrade, it really isn't necessary. That stated, I will post the instructions on the product page for both Luna and Duo V2 kits.

Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Pretty straight forward upgrade. The extra fill behind the woofers gets some significant compression. I was tempted to move some behind the tweeter but just kept it behind the woofer and compressed it.
    Last edited by bkdc; 05-26-2022 at 11:13 PM.

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    After checking, we can do this now with the standard Sierra-1 tweeter. I was concerned about the necessary crossover mods as there is absolutely zero free space in the Luna cabinet but I am confident we can make it work.

If we swap the ribbon tweeter for the Sierra-1 tweeter, we can offer a pair of Luna's for $988/pair. That isn't too much of a price difference as the woofer and cabinet are very expensive, but it does bring the cost down to under $1K for a pair...
    In bouncing around between a million different options (see my separate thread), I started to wonder if the beautiful bamboo cabinets would get me more WAF on surround placement. However, the commenters in my thread have me leaning Sierra-LX for LCR. Have you tried a Luna with the Titan tweeter from the Sierra LX?

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by zeeke42 View Post
    In bouncing around between a million different options (see my separate thread), I started to wonder if the beautiful bamboo cabinets would get me more WAF on surround placement. However, the commenters in my thread have me leaning Sierra-LX for LCR. Have you tried a Luna with the Titan tweeter from the Sierra LX?
    I would strongly recommend going with Sierra-LX for LCR
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I would strongly recommend going with Sierra-LX for LCR
    Yeah, I'm leaning that way. I was going to do LX as LCR and HTM200 surrounds, but it seams silly to hide the beautiful Sierra cabinets and have the utilitarian HTM200 cabinets out in the room. So, I started thinking about Luna surrounds, but it would be nice to have matching tweeters all the way around (and maybe save a little on the budget), hence the question about Titan Lunas.

Quote Originally Posted by zeeke42 View Post
    Yeah, I'm leaning that way. I was going to do LX as LCR and HTM200 surrounds...
    That is my current setup, and it is great.
    -curtis

The HTM200's work great as surrounds (and ATMOS Heights). I was running them as surrounds for some time. When I moved to the Towers, the S2's I was using as mains went to surround duty.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    The HTM200's work great as surrounds (and ATMOS Heights). I was running them as surrounds for some time. When I moved to the Towers, the S2's I was using as mains went to surround duty.
    100% agree with this
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi Dave,

Is there an option to get the Luna’s with the Titan tweeter instead of the Raal?

Thanks,
    Ryan