Page 109 of 112 FirstFirst ... 104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1117

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Quote Originally Posted by Kipa View Post
    Can the Duo handle an 80hz crossover in a large room at loud listening levels? (not quite Reference, but close)

Kipa
    Regarding volume levels, as with any speaker, it is a function of how far back you will be sitting from the speaker. As far as an 80Hz crossover, yes -- this is what is we recommend for the Duo.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I am looking at the luna as an office speaker atop a cabinet of drawers across my 12x12 room. I listen at fairly low volume in this space while working and occasionally turn the volume up for a certain song or album. My questions is I have an inexpensive Onkyo CS-265 mini hifi receiver I am considering using due to its form factor and functionality but it is only rated at 20 watts per channel. Will I be fine for low volume listening or will I be doing a terrible disservice to these speakers?
    Last edited by Lance1; 06-12-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance1 View Post
    I am looking at the luna as an office speaker atop a cabinet of drawers across my 12x12 room. I listen at fairly low volume in this space while working and occasionally turn the volume up for a certain song or album. My questions is I have an inexpensive Onkyo CS-265 mini hifi receiver I am considering using due to its form factor and functionality but it is only rated at 20 watts per channel. Will I be fine for low volume listening or will I be doing a terrible disservice to these speakers?
    Should work very well for you in a small room. One quick question, how far back will you be from the speakers for the majority of your listening?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Just ordered and received shipping confirmation on a pair of satin cherry Lunas to be surrounds with S2 L/R and a Duo center in order to, as Dave said in originating post, go "ribbons all the way around".

Jazzed to be able to Rock the HT with RAAL tweeters performing multi-channel Classical, Rhythm, Blues, and Vocals in the near future!
    Cheers,
    XEagleDriver

What would be the major differences if I replaced my front 3 Sierra-1 speakers with Lunas? I have a subwoofer. Looking for something that would be easily mounted on my wall.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzythebear View Post
    What would be the major differences if I replaced my front 3 Sierra-1 speakers with Lunas? I have a subwoofer. Looking for something that would be easily mounted on my wall.

Quick but important question - how far back will you be sitting from the front speakers?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

10-12 feet, there are no surround speakers, just the front 3.

If it matters, the setup is on the right hand side of the room, there is a sliding glass door that takes up the left half of the wall that the system is on.

e:
    This is what I have to work with, TV will be mounted over fireplace, speakers on either side. 7e1c1fb90871733961a62bf5b280ffd1-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.jpg
    Last edited by fozzythebear; 01-12-2021 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzythebear View Post
    10-12 feet, there are no surround speakers, just the front 3.

If it matters, the setup is on the right hand side of the room, there is a sliding glass door that takes up the left half of the wall that the system is on.

e:
    This is what I have to work with, TV will be mounted over fireplace, speakers on either side. 7e1c1fb90871733961a62bf5b280ffd1-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.jpg
    At 10-12 feet, the Lunas might have some trouble reaching the volume levels you like to listen at, depending on your available power as these have a lower sensitivity rating compared to the Sierra-1.

2 more quick questions for you.

What amp or receiver are you using?

Are you able to provide me an estimate of how loud you generally listen at?

Thanks again!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Pioneer SC-37 Elite, generally listen to it at 40% to half the max of the amp. The room is really bad for acoustics with so many hallways and openings.
    Before I added a subwoofer, I was already having issues getting it loud enough. Sounds like I'll stick with my Sierra-1s.

Is the baffle/upgrade kit available for the Luna and the Duo LCR?