Page 107 of 112 FirstFirst ... 102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1117

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    See Dave’s post 6 Feb for dimensions. 16.25L by 6D by 5.75H
    Yeah the dimensions are why I love this so much and ordered one immediately. It's basically the same width as a standard AV receiver or other large piece of AV hardware so it will fill the top center shelf on my AV cabinet/stand (and probably many others) nearly completely. My particular shelf is 17.5" wide and 6.25" high. The Luna Duo will look like it's built-in, which I like very much. Less than an inch of space on each side, and half an inch above.

Bigger (or even normal sized) centers have no chance of fitting on a standard shelf like that. Let alone something like a Horizon. I think the Luna Duo will be really popular for people like me who don't have room for a big bulky center because they can't wall mount their TV (or the center speaker) in their particular viewing location.
    Last edited by tostitobandito; 09-05-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Looking for a recommendation for what Rythmik sub might best compliment my upcoming Luna purchase. I will be ordering a Luna Duo center with Luna L/R. Will be in 5.1 configuration with RSL in-ceiling rears (due to open floor plan, stands not an option due to multiple toddlers in the house). Is a large basement room, roughly ~5,000 cubit feet (15x40x8.5), BUT my goal here is not volume. Main goal here is for quality vocals, esp at lower levels. Mostly used for TV/movies, not really music though we do watch a lot of movies that have lots of music (think Disney movies, Greatest Showman, etc). The reason is that my 4-year old's bedroom shares a wall with the TV and LCR. When my wife and I are watching TV we keep the volume pretty low. Basically what I am looking for is clean bass/sound at low volumes, not looking to shake the room or feel like I'm "on" the helicopter in an action movie if you know what I mean! Just something to complement the Lunas. I know typically multiple subs or very large subs would be recommended given the room size, but given what I am hoping to accomplish what would be recommended? I want only one sub. Will the LVX12 be a good choice? Or go with a sealed model? The sub will likely be behind the sofa and probably only ~5 feet or so from the MLP (again to keep away from the daughter's room). Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mwd; 09-06-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Got mine today and it's fantastic as expected. A few pics:

Looks good, Tostito... my Luna Duo arrived yesterday but just unboxed this morning. Haven't listened to it yet as in the middle of having several rooms repainted since everything was apart for having the wood floors replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by tostitobandito View Post
    Got mine today and it's fantastic as expected. A few pics:

Tostito,

Thanks for posting the photo. My Duo just arrived today. Without looking at your stacked photo (Luna over Duo) I would not have noticed that Ascend is using a slightly larger RAAL tweeter in the Duo (it appears the height of the face plate is 64mm in the Duo vs. 60mm in the Luna.) @Dave-would you please confirm?

Still not had a chance for any material listening, but absolutely excited to have the opportunity to incorporate it into my system and enjoy the upcoming hours of listening.

Quote Originally Posted by rmmdunn99 View Post
    Folks, can anyone tell me the dimensions of the Luna Duo?

Thinking I might want one for a center with my Sierra 2 R/L channels.
    Just got one in today. Haven't measured it, but I've got some pix of it sitting on top of my Sierra 2 center. The Luna Duo is just a little longer, but not nearly as tall or as deep, and it weighs less.

Sorry about messy pix. I need to do some cleaning...Luna-Duo-front-v3.jpgLuna-Duo-side-v4.jpg
    "If it sounds good, it is good." -- Duke Ellington

Well, I got my new Duo installed and dialed in this afternoon. Gotta love a Saturday! Ran and re-ran Audyssey XT32 (from old Denon X4000). Came up with a creditable result.

Basically, the Duo is everything Dave said it was, and maybe a little more. It's a nice step up from my old Sierra-2 center. I'm not sure how it does it, but dialog is crisper, clearer, and has a bit more punch. It just slices through the background noise in a way that my Sierra 2 center did not.

But the kicker here is, it won WAF. Wife likes this Duo, a lot. She's been watching something on Netflix that has a recurring bar scene apparently. And when the actors are in the bar, she was having a hard time catch all the dialog (Sierra 2 center was running 1 dB hot). She just watched another episode and was very happy -- didn't loose any of the dialog, didn't have to strain to hear it (Duo is running 0.0 dB hot).

I'm just sayin' that Dave has done it again. Very cool. If anyone has doubts, it's worth taking the risk.
    "If it sounds good, it is good." -- Duke Ellington

Quote Originally Posted by Jed-99aggie View Post
    Tostito,

Thanks for posting the photo. My Duo just arrived today. Without looking at your stacked photo (Luna over Duo) I would not have noticed that Ascend is using a slightly larger RAAL tweeter in the Duo (it appears the height of the face plate is 64mm in the Duo vs. 60mm in the Luna.) @Dave-would you please confirm?
    Good eyes!

Faceplate dimensions are actually the same, it is the slot that is a few mm larger (vertically). This isn't isolated to the Duo, it was a change implemented by RAAL about 5-6 months ago. This minor change has no effect on performance, it was done as a way for RAAL to reduce costs by consolidating parts between the OEM version and our custom version.

Enjoy!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    Well, I got my new Duo installed and dialed in this afternoon. Gotta love a Saturday! Ran and re-ran Audyssey XT32 (from old Denon X4000). Came up with a creditable result.

Basically, the Duo is everything Dave said it was, and maybe a little more. It's a nice step up from my old Sierra-2 center. I'm not sure how it does it, but dialog is crisper, clearer, and has a bit more punch. It just slices through the background noise in a way that my Sierra 2 center did not.

But the kicker here is, it won WAF. Wife likes this Duo, a lot. She's been watching something on Netflix that has a recurring bar scene apparently. And when the actors are in the bar, she was having a hard time catch all the dialog (Sierra 2 center was running 1 dB hot). She just watched another episode and was very happy -- didn't loose any of the dialog, didn't have to strain to hear it (Duo is running 0.0 dB hot).

I'm just sayin' that Dave has done it again. Very cool. If anyone has doubts, it's worth taking the risk.
    Glad you and the wife are enjoying the Duo center. It is a neat little speaker, very surprising performance for its size and terrific dialogue clarity with excellent dynamics.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Just got delivery a few days ago of my Luna-Duo and 2 pairs of Luna speakers for my 5.1 Condo installation. I am still in the process of tweaking the system, but so far it is nothing short of outstanding. This is an optimum condo/apartment system. I would like to thank David and Dina for their help and patience. This is a GREAT company!!!

Chucka