Page 103 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9899100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1117

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

ooo, there's a preorder list? That means it must be getting close to being released!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Thanks for the interest! If at all possible, please give us a call at the office and speak with Dina. She will add you to the pre-order list.
    You are welcome. Sent Dina a message to add me to the list.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

Hey gang! Been a while...

I have impressed a friend enough with my Ascend system that she's very interested in the Lunas for a 2ch stereo system

For a moderate sized living room at moderate listening levels (she does NOT like to 'crank it up' at all, listening mainly to folksie kind of music), what receiver would you recommend? I love my Marantz SR6012 in my system (towers, horizon, lunas). Lots of the 2ch receivers seem under powered for the Lunas. Thoughts?

Thanks again. When my room is totally complete (still building doors!) I'll do a final calibration and write up a long awaited review!

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    Hey gang! Been a while...

I have impressed a friend enough with my Ascend system that she's very interested in the Lunas for a 2ch stereo system

For a moderate sized living room at moderate listening levels (she does NOT like to 'crank it up' at all, listening mainly to folksie kind of music), what receiver would you recommend? I love my Marantz SR6012 in my system (towers, horizon, lunas). Lots of the 2ch receivers seem under powered for the Lunas. Thoughts?

Thanks again. When my room is totally complete (still building doors!) I'll do a final calibration and write up a long awaited review!
    I have a Denon X6500H in my main system with 7 x Sierra Speakers including Lunas (Rear Surround) but all my speakers are powered by external amps. I'm using the X6500H as a pre/pro. For two channel a Marantz SR5013/5014 should be more than enough, though.
    Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
    Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE (x2) + FV25HP | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 (x2) | Panasonic 820 | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony VW295ES | 92" Stewart ST100 |
    Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
    Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony 65Z9D |

Does she need a receiver?

I use a Bluesound Powernode 2 to power S2's in my living room and bedroom setups. I chose this because it allows me to stream music through it and hookup optical from my TV. If she isn't using other components a receiver might be overkill.

I was able to get the 2 new for $500 through resale sites. The 2i allows for Airplay 2, but for my purposes the savings on the older model was more beneficial than any of the upgrades on the 2i. Might be able to still find a deal on the 2.

Default Re: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Quote Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
    I have a Denon X6500H in my main system with 7 x Sierra Speakers including Lunas (Rear Surround) but all my speakers are powered by external amps. I'm using the X6500H as a pre/pro. For two channel a Marantz SR5013/5014 should be more than enough, though.
    Hey Enrico- I neglected to mention my awesome F15HP! I was just listening to Hotel California last night, the live acoustical version, and the bass in that song is SO big and tight.

She is used to listening to CDs, so will need a CD player, so will need a receiver/integrated amp for sure. i'm sure a low level AVR would work for her but aren't there cheaper 2ch receivers/int amps that would work for the Lunas? Seems overkill to buy a 7ch unit?

You could always check accessories4less for refurb receivers.

I second the suggestion for the Outlaw Audio. I haven't heard it but it has a strong following in the two channel crowd.

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/rr2160.html

...plus it has some bass management.
    Last edited by doctors11; 08-01-2019 at 05:27 AM.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!