Page 102 of 112 FirstFirst ... 979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1117

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    So. How does the sound compare for the Luna Duo and the short/slim Horizon (8" high?). It would seem that the horizontal dispersion penalty of the short Horizon versus the standard Horizon would not be an issue when compared to the Luna Duo, which also has side-by-side T & M drivers.

Where I'm going with this is what to use for a center with RAAL Towers (L&R), if I can't afford the height of standard Horizons (11").
    The forthcoming Duo is a very impressive center, while quite slim and miniscule compared to the Horizon, the dynamics, clarity and overall sound quality impress me every time I listen to it - and that is almost daily as I am using it as a center with my personal pair of towers in my home
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by Beave View Post
    Uhm, err, you replied in the thread about the short Horizon!
    Yep, I found it right after I asked about it. Oh well.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    The forthcoming Duo is a very impressive center, while quite slim and miniscule compared to the Horizon, the dynamics, clarity and overall sound quality impress me every time I listen to it - and that is almost daily as I am using it as a center with my personal pair of towers in my home
    Hi Dave,

I had my sights on your Sierra 2s, but ended up getting one of Dennis Murphy's last pair of BMRs when the opportunity presented itself (I would still love to hear the Sierra 2s some day!). While I know the Luna Duo is designed to match your Sierras, do you think it might make a decent match for the BMRs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D33vious View Post
    Hi Dave,

I had my sights on your Sierra 2s, but ended up getting one of Dennis Murphy's last pair of BMRs when the opportunity presented itself (I would still love to hear the Sierra 2s some day!). While I know the Luna Duo is designed to match your Sierras, do you think it might make a decent match for the BMRs?

Thanks
    Yes, most definitely. Dennis and I share very similar design philosophies and I can tell you first hand that yes, the forthcoming Luna Duo will make an excellent center with Phil BMR's as left/rights. Obviously the BMR will have deeper bass extension, but the Luna Duo has a surprising amount of midbass punch and the deeper bass of the BMR wouldn't be needed when combined with a sub.

I just recently did a direct A/B comparison between the Duo and our 340 center, which is so much larger. Surprisingly, the Duo beat it in every category except efficiency - it's a beast hidden in a tiny package and I am now using one of my prototypes as a center with our ribbon towers - and crossed at 80Hz, it even keeps up with our towers.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Yes, most definitely. Dennis and I share very similar design philosophies and I can tell you first hand that yes, the forthcoming Luna Duo will make an excellent center with Phil BMR's as left/rights. Obviously the BMR will have deeper bass extension, but the Luna Duo has a surprising amount of midbass punch and the deeper bass of the BMR wouldn't be needed when combined with a sub.

I just recently did a direct A/B comparison between the Duo and our 340 center, which is so much larger. Surprisingly, the Duo beat it in every category except efficiency - it's a beast hidden in a tiny package and I am now using one of my prototypes as a center with our ribbon towers - and crossed at 80Hz, it even keeps up with our towers.
    That was certainly a fast reply. Thanks Dave! I found some size measurements you posted a few months ago for these. Assuming that has not changed, that bodes well for my setup. Could you also advise how much it weighs and if the cost is still the same as you had previously posted? This speaker certainly has my attention!

That was certainly a fast reply. Thanks Dave! I found some size measurements you posted a few months ago for these. Assuming that has not changed, that bodes well for my setup. Could you also advise how much it weighs and if the cost is still the same as you had previously posted? This speaker certainly has my attention!
    Very welcome - you caught me at a time when I was answering some emails at my desk. There have been no changes in dimensions. Each Duo is going to weight in at ~16 pounds. I haven't finalized pricing yet, and 3 vendors of ours (all involved in the Duo) have raised prices - so what will likely happen is that we introduce them at special pre-order pricing and then once this first production run is sold, price will then have to increase. These will be ~$800 each... Expensive, but like with our Luna, all premium components (RAAL tweeters, dual 4.5" custom SEAS Curv Woofers, made-in-USA layered bamboo cabinets, magnetic grilles....)
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Very welcome - you caught me at a time when I was answering some emails at my desk. There have been no changes in dimensions. Each Duo is going to weight in at ~16 pounds. I haven't finalized pricing yet, and 3 vendors of ours (all involved in the Duo) have raised prices - so what will likely happen is that we introduce them at special pre-order pricing and then once this first production run is sold, price will then have to increase. These will be ~$800 each... Expensive, but like with our Luna, all premium components (RAAL tweeters, dual 4.5" custom SEAS Curv Woofers, made-in-USA layered bamboo cabinets, magnetic grilles....)
    Thanks again Dave. I guess I'll need to keep my eye out for when these will be available? Or do you have an idea already?

Thanks again Dave. I guess I'll need to keep my eye out for when these will be available? Or do you have an idea already?
    We are hoping 4-5 weeks.... cabinets are in production, but we have a huge shipment of parts coming from Norway by sea freight - I had figured that would only take 2-3 weeks, I was very, very wrong...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Once they are ready, sign me up for a satin expresso.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

Quote Originally Posted by Mahawkma View Post
    Once they are ready, sign me up for a satin expresso.
    Thanks for the interest! If at all possible, please give us a call at the office and speak with Dina. She will add you to the pre-order list.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com