Page 100 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1117

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by rsmt2000 View Post
    Dave

Any new updates on Luna LCR or Luna Duo as I would call it :-)
    We will be officially calling this speaker the Luna Duo (LCR became to confusing). I am happy to report that cabinets are now in production and the crossover has been finalized. Still a few more items to deal with (packaging, labels etc) but everyday is one more day closer
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Exciting! Really looking forward to it!

Hi, just joined this forum because I've decided to upgrade to the Sierra Lunas for my L/C/R in my 5.1.2 home theater setup (surrounds are ceiling mounted Focal Birds and Atmos is 5 1/4" in-ceiling coax). I'm only sitting about 8' to 9' away from my L/C/R and will be using a 15" Rythmik ported subwoofer (my HT area is just the 10' x 10'x corner of a larger 17' x 36' family room). I intend to offload as much bass as possible to the subwoofer (automatic EQ calibration will be set by my Denon AVR Audyssey XT32) so I expect the crossover point to be somewhere between 80 Hz and 110 Hz.

Question: Luna Center or Luna Duo?
    With all that in mind, will I hear improvements with the upcoming MTM Luna as center if my cutoff is set so high? Or is the difference more about improved audio dispersion covering a wider seating area?
    Last edited by Quizzlet; 04-30-2019 at 01:49 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Quizzlet View Post
    Hi, just joined this forum because I've decided to upgrade to the Sierra Lunas for my L/C/R in my 5.1.2 home theater setup (surrounds are ceiling mounted Focal Birds and Atmos is 5 1/4" in-ceiling coax). I'm only sitting about 8' to 9' away from my L/C/R and will be using a 15" Rythmik ported subwoofer (my HT area is just the 10' x 10'x corner of a larger 17' x 36' family room). I intend to offload as much bass as possible to the subwoofer (automatic EQ calibration will be set by my Denon AVR Audyssey XT32) so I expect the crossover point to be somewhere between 80 Hz and 110 Hz.

With all that in mind, will I hear improvements with the upcoming MTM Luna as center if my cutoff is set so high? Or is the difference more about improved audio dispersion covering a wider seating area?
    I can’t comment on what you asked about specifically, since I haven’t A/B’ed both speakers. But, the Luna Duo should have a higher sensitivity and thus be capable of more output than the Luna. This is nice for home theater use, however you are sitting pretty close to them, so it likely depends on how loud you listen to movies to see a benefit there.

Quote Originally Posted by Quizzlet View Post

For the center, I would actually recommend the forthcoming Duo. It has more midbass punch and improved dynamics compared to the Luna. These are characteristics that we have found to be quite important for center channel performance.

Hope this helps!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Does the duo have a mounting thread (Or threads) for mounting to the wall? How much do they weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia0287 View Post
    Does the duo have a mounting thread (Or threads) for mounting to the wall? How much do they weigh?
    Yes, the Duo has (2) 1/4-20 threaded inserts on the back for simple wall mounting.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I'm really looking forward to the Luna Duo! I currently run a Sierra-2 center with tower fronts and Luna surrounds - medium room with seating 13' from center. I've thought about custom ordering a Horizon that can fit in my Salamander cabinet (19.75W x 9"H) but have never gone through with it. Any thoughts on replacing the S2 center with the Duo?

Quote Originally Posted by IndieGradoFan View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the Luna Duo! I currently run a Sierra-2 center with tower fronts and Luna surrounds - medium room with seating 13' from center. I've thought about custom ordering a Horizon that can fit in my Salamander cabinet (19.75W x 9"H) but have never gone through with it. Any thoughts on replacing the S2 center with the Duo?
    I'm considering the same (Duo for S2) so am also interested in any thoughts.

Dave answered this question a couple of pages back in this thread.

davef said:
    02-04-2019 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahawkma View Post
    Looks awesome Dave. How does it compare to the Sierra 2 center?
    Ran these tests today, it is a much better center than the Sierra-2, especially if using a subwoofer. I'll share a comical pic in a little while.