Page 17 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by dtsequoia View Post
    Maybe:
    Sierra Sat Center (Standard)
    Sierra Sat Center N (NrT)
    Sierra Sat Center R (RAAL)?
    My suggestion:

Sierra-1 C-SAT
    Sierra-1N C-SAT
    Sierra-2 C-SAT

As was my line of reasoning with the non-center Sats, match the numeric designation with the full size Sierra line.

So.....
    Sierra-1 SAT
    Sierra-1N SAT
    Sierra-2 SAT
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Dave,

Another member asked about Ascend speakers as studio monitors, I like the idea but find Sierra-1/2 to be a bit too big to placed on desk

IMO, the upcoming Sierra Satellite is just the perfect size and I am curious to hear your assessment on how it will perform as studio monitors or near field monitors placed on computer desk..

Quote Originally Posted by justthinking View Post
    Dave,

Another member asked about Ascend speakers as studio monitors, I like the idea but find Sierra-1/2 to be a bit too big to placed on desk

IMO, the upcoming Sierra Satellite is just the perfect size and I am curious to hear your assessment on how it will perform as studio monitors or near field monitors placed on computer desk..
    I know this doesn't really answer your question but I bought my Sierra 1s for use as my desktop computer speakers and I'm actually listening to them right now. I had them upgraded to Sierra 2s and both versions worked absolutely perfectly in the nearfield (roughly 3' in front of my face on either side of my iMac). The original Sierra 1s sounded best with a port plug because I keep my desk fairly close to the wall (just under 1' between the speaker and back wall), the 2s don't need the port plugs and do fine near the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by justthinking View Post
    Dave,

I will have a very good grasp on overall performance of the Sierra Sat by the end of next week. The cabinet prototypes should be ready early next week (or so I have been told)
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

How good would a CMT 340 left front and center work with a 18 inch sealed sub?

I was just kinda scared that it may be to much sub for it

Thumbs up Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    How good would a CMT 340 left front and center work with a 18 inch sealed sub?

I was just kinda scared that it may be to much sub for it
    Higher efficiency in a sub is an easy control to match balance output with the mains-center-surrounds...through the output level setting of the sub amp.

"How Deep" it can play, even sub audible frequencies, is NEVER an issue!!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I will have a very good grasp on overall performance of the Sierra Sat by the end of next week. The cabinet prototypes should be ready early next week (or so I have been told)
    Excited to hear how it's going. The more I live with my Klipsch R-15 speakers as surrounds the more I hate them. The tweeters are SOOOO harsh on them by comparison to the RAALs and I can't get the timing on them to match up perfectly either. Need those sats stat!

I think it was mentioned earlier, but people have a way of abbreviating virtually everything anyway so maybe:

Sat - Sierra 1
    nSat - with NrT
    rSat - with Raal

At first I was intrigued by naming in parallel with the "big brothers" (Sierra 1, Sierra 2) but to me these are a different animal so the name should probably reflect that.

Bummed the prototype isn't done just yet, as picking up my Sierra 2's on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
    I think it was mentioned earlier, but people have a way of abbreviating virtually everything anyway so maybe:

Sat - Sierra 1
    nSat - with NrT
    rSat - with Raal

At first I was intrigued by naming in parallel with the "big brothers" (Sierra 1, Sierra 2) but to me these are a different animal so the name should probably reflect that.

Bummed the prototype isn't done just yet, as picking up my Sierra 2's on Friday.
    The name Sierra should be incorporated in the Sat naming, otherwise there could be some confusion as to what speaker line they are matched with, i.e. CBM-170, CMT-340, etc.

Sierra SAT-1
    Sierra SAT-N(or -NrT)
    Sierra SAT-2

Just another idea to kick around.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Here ya go!!!

Sample cabinet came out absolutely perfect and so far my modeling has proven accurate. The complex porting and tuning is ideal and this little dude has some serious kick! I am honestly not sure a speaker this small with this level of performance has ever been produced and this guy feels like you are literally holding a brick. Likely come in at about 9 pounds each and I don't believe we will have to make any changes to the cabinet. 10 5/8" high x 5 3/4" wide x 6" deep.

Enjoy the pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (109.0 KB, 831 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (102.0 KB, 814 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (91.1 KB, 796 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (99.5 KB, 799 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (88.5 KB, 793 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (120.1 KB, 814 views)
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com