Page 36 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
    Yea, no pressure! I would really like to place a preorder them. I've been waiting to watch some movies until I've "finished" and have them as surrounds.
    The latest woofer prototypes (what I hope end up being production versions) should be here around Sept 10. We have made some significant changes, including a higher loss surround (improves damping), dual layer 12mm copper voice coils (higher power handling, longer excursion, stronger magnetic field) and a glass fiber former (lower mass). If these meet my performance standards, we then go right to production....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

5 more days...ish haha. Can't wait to hear how the new driver works out. Hopefully its the perfect match

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post

Any pricing ballpark somewhere in the last 35 pages?

Edit- found it. $1100 target.
    $1100 each?
    i didnt read the whole 35 pages, i just went to the last page and looked if available.

Quote Originally Posted by rysher View Post
    $1100 each?
    i didnt read the whole 35 pages, i just went to the last page and looked if available.
    No, $1,100 would be for a pair. Although, an official price has not been anounced.

$1100 being ballpark is still a great price for some RAAL sat speakers. Couple questions.

1. Has the official name been decided?

2. Any updates, i'm dying here haha.

Quote Originally Posted by theriddler07sms View Post
    $1100 being ballpark is still a great price for some RAAL sat speakers. Couple questions.

1. Has the official name been decided?

2. Any updates, i'm dying here haha.
    Two weeks since the new driver was supposed to be here and no updates. I'm wondering if they didn't work out....

Give Dave time, you can't rush an artist, knowing Dave, he will take as much time as necessary until he believes the product is ready before offering it to public (unlike another ID company that recently folded...), which is one more reason I have the uttermost respect for Ascend

Quote Originally Posted by justthinking View Post
    Give Dave time, you can't rush an artist, knowing Dave, he will take as much time as necessary until he believes the product is ready before offering it to public (unlike another ID company that recently folded...), which is one more reason I have the uttermost respect for Ascend
    So true, I've seen one particular ID company that has been cranking out different models in the last few months. I gotta wonder if there's some real science gone into these speakers that pop out every so often or is it less laborious than I thought.

I'm sure I'm wrong.
    Djoel

What is amazing to me is the screw up that Fluance had with their flagship speakers. Tons of them were failing and sounding terrible and they had to be sent back for an updated crossover. Dave doesn't have these issues, and he doesn't have shipping damage either, because he's one of the most detail and engineering oriented speaker designers out there. His attention to detail and superb products is what keeps me coming back. I can't afford these anymore right now anyway, so delay away, hah.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Quote Originally Posted by SGCSG1 View Post
    Two weeks since the new driver was supposed to be here and no updates. I'm wondering if they didn't work out....
    Unfortunately, the one issue we had hoped to resolve with the changes implemented in these samples - still exists. This prompted me to take the matter into my own hands and I have made some considerable progress. I am waiting to hear back from SEAS to see if they will be able to implement the changes I have made. I suspect yes, but will likely require the woofer surround to be sourced from a vendor they no longer do business with, and I don't know if this will be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
    So true, I've seen one particular ID company that has been cranking out different models in the last few months. I gotta wonder if there's some real science gone into these speakers that pop out every so often or is it less laborious than I thought.

I'm sure I'm wrong.
    Djoel
    There are many ways to design a speaker, some companies just throw components together in a cabinet, use software to model a crossover and then hope for a 70% satisfaction rate. No chance we would ever design a product like this - I have learned to take the time to strive for perfection without settling - and shoot for a 98% or higher customer satisfaction rate, which is about what we average.

I hope to hear back from SEAS tonight, or at least within 24 hours as their chief engineer, Håvard Sollien, who is personally working on this for us - has been on vacation. I believe he is due to return today.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com