Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1117

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Quote Originally Posted by Chucka View Post
    Just got delivery a few days ago of my Luna-Duo and 2 pairs of Luna speakers for my 5.1 Condo installation. I am still in the process of tweaking the system, but so far it is nothing short of outstanding. This is an optimum condo/apartment system. I would like to thank David and Dina for their help and patience. This is a GREAT company!!!

Chucka
    Congrats on the new speakers! Are you running a subwoofer as well?

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    Congrats on the new speakers! Are you running a subwoofer as well?
    Yes - MartinLogan Dynamo 800X with SVS Sound Isolator feet. Perfect match for my condo situation ;-)

Here's a pic of of my recently installed Luna LR and Duo Center as part of a 5.1 system in a small 9x14 family room - as is clear from the pic . Running them with an Anthem MRX520 AVR, various sources/LG OLED, Rythmik F12 sub, and, completely overkill for now, a pair of ATC SCM-7 as surrounds.

I used these Monoprice brackets to mount the LRC - https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=11410. With the Luna 1/4" 20 mounts there is a 1/2" of excess bolt on the brackets once tightened, which I was able to cut off with a multi-purpose tool and keep the speakers as close as possible to the walls. And I hid all cables with cordmate cable channels (in-wall not possible). While small, the room's layout and dimensions are very amenable to an immersive 5.1 experience. Everything sounds and looks great!

Once broken in, I need to do a one-on-one between the Lunas and SCM 7's (on stands). The SCM 7's are eventually going into an office for 2 channel and so I will need to get a pair of surrounds for the Luna LRC. I am having trouble justifying a matching pair of Lunas just for surround duties ... so not sure what to do yet. Suggestions??

IMG_20190930_104034.jpg
    Last edited by nquery; 09-30-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nquery View Post
    Here's a pic of of my recently installed Luna LR and Duo Center as part of a 5.1 system in a small 9x14 family room - as is clear from the pic . Running them with an Anthem MRX520 AVR, various sources/LG OLED, Rythmik F12 sub, and, completely overkill for now, a pair of ATC SCM-7 as surrounds.

I used these Monoprice brackets to mount the LRC - https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=11410 and hid all cables with cordmate cable channels (in-wall not possible). While small, the room's layout and dimensions are very amenable to an immersive 5.1 experience. Everything sounds and looks great!

Once broken in, I need to do a one-on-one between the SCM 7's and Lunas. The SCM 7's are eventually going into an office for 2 channel and so I will need to get a pair of surrounds for the Luna LRC. I am having trouble justifying a matching pair of Lunas just for surround duties ... so not sure what to do yet. Suggestions??
    Looks nice! That is some excellent sound diffusion there. Many have used the HTM-200s with good success as surrounds. They should blend just fine with the Luna's but are much cheaper. Still wall-mountable.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    Looks nice! That is some excellent sound diffusion there. Many have used the HTM-200s with good success as surrounds. They should blend just fine with the Luna's but are much cheaper. Still wall-mountable.
    Yes they would be an option but I don't know if I can do the black finish. I might just do another pair of Luna's - certainly if I get into more multi-channel music/concert discs ...
    Last edited by nquery; 09-30-2019 at 11:38 AM.

Yes they would be an option but I don't know if I can do the black finish. I might just do another pair of Luna's - certainly if I get into more multi-channel music/concert discs ...
    I'm using Luna's as surrounds for Sierra-2's and love it. If you are getting into multi channel music than the upgrade is definitely worth it. Depending on the mix, instruments or voices might move from front to back, or around in a circle, so there is definitely a benefit to having the same voicing all around. Often sounds will appear in between the fronts and backs, so having the same speakers will help with the imaging between the two. This creates a seamless soundstage all around.
    Nate

I used these Monoprice brackets to mount the LRC - https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=11410. With the Luna 1/4" 20 mounts there is a 1/2" of excess bolt on the brackets once tightened, which I was able to cut off with a multi-purpose tool and keep the speakers as close as possible to the walls. And I hid all cables with cordmate cable channels (in-wall not possible). While small, the room's layout and dimensions are very amenable to an immersive 5.1 experience. Everything sounds and looks great!

Once broken in, I need to do a one-on-one between the Lunas and SCM 7's (on stands). The SCM 7's are eventually going into an office for 2 channel and so I will need to get a pair of surrounds for the Luna LRC. I am having trouble justifying a matching pair of Lunas just for surround duties ... so not sure what to do yet. Suggestions??

IMG_20190930_104034.jpg
    Wow -- that is an awesome looking setup, very cool and thanks for posting. Would it be possible to forward me a high resolution version of the same pic? With your permission, we might want to use it on the new website.

As far as the surrounds, if you can't swing another pair of Luna's, I would suggest HTM-200's.

Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Wow -- that is an awesome looking setup, very cool and thanks for posting. Would it be possible to forward me a high resolution version of the same pic? With your permission, we might want to use it on the new website.

As far as the surrounds, if you can't swing another pair of Luna's, I would suggest HTM-200's.

Thanks!
    Sure thing - will email you.

Can the Duo handle an 80hz crossover in a large room at loud listening levels? (not quite Reference, but close)

Kipa

Quote Originally Posted by Kipa View Post
    Can the Duo handle an 80hz crossover in a large room at loud listening levels? (not quite Reference, but close)
    Short answer is "yes".

Long answer is "yes, seamlessly".
    "If it sounds good, it is good." -- Duke Ellington