Page 54 of 112 FirstFirst ... 4950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by MusicHead View Post
    Interesting idea the tweeter offset, however consider that (unlike in the HTM-200), the RAAL tweeter footprint is basically the same as that of the woofer. That would force Dave to design a more "squarish" cabinet. Not impossible, but it would make the MTM center have a strange aspect ratio, in my opinion. A shallow and short (vertically), front ported MTM would offer the highest positioning flexibility for the cases you mentioned, I believe.
    100% correct. This would be a rather odd looking cabinet and the nearly perfect square shape would inhibit performance. Additionally, because the ribbon has higher vertical directivity than a dome - having the tweeter offset like we did in the 200 is generally not a good idea. With two woofers, the speaker will need to be the more traditional MTM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by rsmt2000 View Post
    Dave

Is it possible to order the Lunas with one color for the front baffle and the rest in a different color - like "Natural" front with a "piano black" body??

You can blame Enrico for starting this trend if it is do-able

Ron
    We can likely do this as a custom order, but to do piano black finishing here in the US is VERY expensive.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Any idea about the price ballpark of this speaker? Right now the LS50 is on sale for $1,000.00 Canadian and im torn whether to wait for this or grab the LS50. Im planning this setup for my sorrounds maybe combine it with ascend tower and horizon for lcr channel

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbalt View Post
    Any idea about the price ballpark of this speaker? Right now the LS50 is on sale for $1,000.00 Canadian and im torn whether to wait for this or grab the LS50. Im planning this setup for my sorrounds maybe combine it with ascend tower and horizon for lcr channel

Danny
    I think the ballpark number was around $1100, but it might be different. Either way, I would say wait for these, it wouldn't make sense to pair the LS50 with the Towers and Horizon, it's a very different speaker.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Last I heard was around $1,200.

We will start taking pre-orders for Luna's sometime around the 1st-2nd week of January. Standard pricing will come in at $1198/pair - pre-order pricing will be $1148/pair. We expect the first production run to sell out quickly and those who are on our pre-notification list will be contacted first to place their orders. Please give us a call or send us an email if you would like to put on the pre-notification list.

Happy Holidays!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Notification sent!

Well I wasn't way out to lunch on the pricing, eh? Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by FirstReflect View Post
    No one else has stuck their neck out with a guess at the prices yet?

Well then, let me be the first

So I am going to take a stab that Dave F. will end up creating two new speaker models: The Sierra Sat (1x RAAL ribbon tweeter + 1x 4.5" SEAS CURV mid-woofer), and the Sierra Sat Center (1x RAAL ribbon tweeter + 2x 4.5" SEAS CURV mid-woofers).

I'm making a guess that a pair of Sierra Sat mini-monitors will cost $1168/pair

And I'm going to guess that the Sierra Sat Center ends up being $698 each.

Total guesses! I hope I don't end up putting Dave in a sticky situation if they end up costing more (which they bloody well should! ). But I'm taking a somewhat educated guess based upon prior price points and margins, as well as how these price points would fit in amongst the other Ascend models at their current price points.

Some of my reasoning here (aside from guessing at component costs and margins) is that at $1168/pair, the Sierra Sats would cost just a tiny bit more than the Sierra-1 NrT (which they should), but they'd be a substantial savings vs. the Sierra-2.

For the Sierra Sat Center, I'm much more unsure. Maybe it would make sense for it to cost more than a Sierra-2 Center since it will have 2x 4.5" mid-woofers? But I figure that the Sierra-2 will still play lower in the bass, and I figure the Sierra Sat Center will have a smaller cabinet. So I've guessed that it will end up costing less than a Sierra-2 Center.

Anyways, that's me taking a stab at guessing the price points. Obviously, my guesses are for the least expensive finish option - whatever that ends up being - most likely matte black, I would assume.

Definitely going to be cool to have these as an option for on-wall Surrounds as well as on-ceiling Atmos speakers!

- Rob H. - AV Rant Podcast co-host

My surround speakers have to be mounted horizontal. Can the Luna be mounted this way?

Speaker1.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Kef3992 View Post
    My surround speakers have to be mounted horizontal. Can the Luna be mounted this way?

Speaker1.JPG
    Yes, absolutely - but the tweeter will have to be rotated 90 degs - which we can easily do for you.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com