Page 99 of 112 FirstFirst ... 949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    We are hoping to start shipping in late April or May. As far as pricing, these will run about $800 each.

Please feel free to email me directly for any additional questions you might have.
    Sign me up for the first round in Satin Expresso.

Edit: wrong color, way to go Hawk
    Last edited by Mahawkma; 02-15-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    HT Set-up: Anthem MRX-740, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower V2, Luna Duo V2 Center, Luna surrounds, Revel M55XC Heights, Rythmik F12
    Desktop/Gaming Set-up: Pioneer MRX-740 8K, Sierra LX LR, Ascend Luna V2 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 12 heights; Rythmik F12

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Yeah, assuming the measurements stay the same I need a Luna LCR in black. Where can I get on the list? Also, can I trade in the normal Luna that I just bought to use as a center?

Definitely going to buy a Black Bamboo Luna LCR the minute they're available!

Anyone yet using Sierra Lunas for ATMOS? Setting them up as Front Heights and Rear Heights in a 5.1.4 or 7.1.4 speaker setup? I just added ATMOS in my bedroom using Boston Acoustics SoundWare speakers and they match very well with my B&W 600 S2 series speakers but while I have 4 more SoundWare speakers that I can use in my living room, I would like to have the Height speakers with RAAL tweeter for timbre matching.
    Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
    Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE (x2) + FV25HP | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 (x2) | Panasonic 820 | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony VW295ES | 92" Stewart ST100 |
    Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
    Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony 65Z9D |

Quote Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
    Anyone yet using Sierra Lunas for ATMOS? Setting them up as Front Heights and Rear Heights in a 5.1.4 or 7.1.4 speaker setup? I just added ATMOS in my bedroom using Boston Acoustics SoundWare speakers and they match very well with my B&W 600 S2 series speakers but while I have 4 more SoundWare speakers that I can use in my living room, I would like to have the Height speakers with RAAL tweeter for timbre matching.
    I know we have several customers using Luna's in this same application. Feedback has been great!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Besides the obvious much smaller profile, we have tuned the bass response to be more like our Horizon, sacrificing some extension for more midbass slam. This has been a winning formula for us for center channel speakers.
    Is this "tuning" to have more midbass slam, by giving up some extension, all done in the crossover? Or is it also taken into account in the port design?

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    Is this "tuning" to have more midbass slam, by giving up some extension, all done in the crossover? Or is it also taken into account in the port design?
    Actually, it has nothing to do with the crossover. It involves the cabinet volume, damping and port tuning with regard to the woofer parameters.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Actually, it has nothing to do with the crossover. It involves the cabinet volume, damping and port tuning with regard to the woofer parameters.
    What about the difference between the Sierra Tower and Sierra Horizon (as far as more midbass slam in the Horizon, but at the expense of less extension than the tower)? Those two speakers seem to have all the same drivers and very similar cabinet volume. Does the Horizon have different damping and port tuning to achieve this as well?

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    What about the difference between the Sierra Tower and Sierra Horizon (as far as more midbass slam in the Horizon, but at the expense of less extension than the tower)? Those two speakers seem to have all the same drivers and very similar cabinet volume. Does the Horizon have different damping and port tuning to achieve this as well?
    The Horizon has different port tuning and damping.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave

Any new updates on Luna LCR or Luna Duo as I would call it :-)