Page 98 of 112 FirstFirst ... 93949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Luna Mini Monitor!

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by bcg27 View Post
    I'm curious, what makes this a much better center than the Sierra 2? Woofer area is comparable so is it the dual smaller woofers instead of a single larger one? Or that the two woofers 'sandwich' the tweeter? I guess the front porting is certainly more friendly to surrounding the speaker in a cabinet.
    Besides the obvious much smaller profile, we have tuned the bass response to be more like our Horizon, sacrificing some extension for more midbass slam. This has been a winning formula for us for center channel speakers.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: New for 2016 - Introducing the Sierra Satellite, or “Sierra Sat” for short!

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    What are the dimensions?
    See attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    See attached.
    thanks, Dave!

I got a chuckle at the A/B comparisons we did today. The Horizon is better, but I have to say the little dude put up one hell of a fight. It was a closer fight than I expected...
    Dave, you knocked it out of the park with the Sierra Luna LCR. I love my Horizon Center but I love everything about Luna LCR speaker as well. Congratulations!! I may get one at the end of the year just to check how it sounds in my system compared to the Horizon
    Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio
    Media Room: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Horizon w/ RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE (x2) + FV25HP | Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva XPA-3 & XPA-200 (x2) | Panasonic 820 | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony VW295ES | 92" Stewart ST100 |
    Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac|
    Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony 65Z9D |

Unless there are space constraints or the speakers need to be wall mounted, I'd still recommend going with Sierra-2 as L/R speakers. It's a tough call - with a sub, it is extremely difficult to discern any differences. A Sierra-2 pair will be less expensive.
    So given that you say the Luna LCR is a better center than the Sierra-2, but many people prefer to have the consistency of matched speakers up front, if you recommend the Sierra-2 as L/R speakers, would you recommend matching them with a Sierra-2 center or Luna LCR for center?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
    So given that you say the Luna LCR is a better center than the Sierra-2, but many people prefer to have the consistency of matched speakers up front, if you recommend the Sierra-2 as L/R speakers, would you recommend matching them with a Sierra-2 center or Luna LCR for center?
    good question.

If using a sub, I'd recommend the forthcoming LCR as center, if no sub, Sierra-2 center.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave,

Your recent updates are very exciting. The photos and diagram of the Luna LCR are greatly appreciated.

To manage my expectations, do you have thoughts yet on timing for disclosing pricing, production unit specs and proceeding with orders/shipments?

I look forward to being a owner when Ascend is ready.

Congrats on what will undoubtedly be another incredible speaker.

The Luna’s are up and running in our bedroom! New Yamaha RX-A10170 and Vizio 42” LCD too! They sound leaps and bounds better than my previous HTM 200 SE’s. The clarity, imaging (super wide), and bass are impressive considering their size!

Well done Ascend!
    Resized the pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by merrymaid520; 02-11-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
    Dave, you knocked it out of the park with the Sierra Luna LCR. I love my Horizon Center but I love everything about Luna LCR speaker as well. Congratulations!! I may get one at the end of the year just to check how it sounds in my system compared to the Horizon
    Thank you Enrico -- we aren't there yet but getting closer and closer.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jed-99aggie View Post
    Dave,

Your recent updates are very exciting. The photos and diagram of the Luna LCR are greatly appreciated.

To manage my expectations, do you have thoughts yet on timing for disclosing pricing, production unit specs and proceeding with orders/shipments?

I look forward to being a owner when Ascend is ready.

Congrats on what will undoubtedly be another incredible speaker.
    We are hoping to start shipping in late April or May. As far as pricing, these will run about $800 each.

Please feel free to email me directly for any additional questions you might have.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com