Thread: MB Quart QLS 830 vs Sierra Tower

Default MB Quart QLS 830 vs Sierra Tower

I have a pair of MB Quart QLS 830s that I really like. The research on these is that they were very underrated and undermarketed when they came out around 2003. The same design is being sold by the remnants of MB quart called German Maesto for 4 or 5 times the price that the 830s can be had today. I got mine at a very good price and there are still new old stock units available. The consensus seems to be that these speakers are a steal for the quality of build and sound compared to more expensive current models. I have also read the rave reviews on the Sierra Towers. I am thinking about another set of towers to complete a HT setup. I am wondering if anyone has heard the MB Quarts and the Sierra towers and how the two compare. Are the Sierra towers that much better to justify paying 3 times as much? I know this is the Ascend forum and folks here may be a bit biased (justifiably from what I can gather) but any opinions will help.

Default Re: MB Quart QLS 830 vs Sierra Tower

I have not had a chance to listen to the MB Quart but I can tell you that the Sierra RAAL tower is an unreal sounding tower. I own some RBH Sound SX6300 Reference line towers that are rated superb and the Ascends are better. I have never heard a better mid and treble speaker in my life, I do use a sub with them however since the deep lows need a little help.