Thread: Tower Discussion

Thumbs up Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Hi all! Just wanted to leave a little feedback on my Ascend tower experience.

I have had my Horizon RAAL for a couple of months and have enjoyed it very much but initially had it paired with towers I was demoing from a competitor.

I decided to order some NrT towers to go with the Horizon. I chose the NrT initially due to the fact that I mainly use this system for HT with light Pandora listening and the NrT seems to be the recommended tweeter here for HT use. My wife was also concerned that she might not enjoy the RAAL due to having always had dome or horn tweeters.

The NrT towers arrived and were set up. I immediately began running through familiar material and comparing them to the other towers currently in the room. I was immediately struck by how coherent these sounded, how fulsome and fully balanced they were. We heard details in music and movie favorites that we had not heard before. Within the space of a week the other towers were headed back to their manufacturer.

A couple of weeks went by and I had another pair of towers on order due to a color mismatch with my current towers/Horizon/furniture so I decided to give the RAAL tweeters a shot. To say I was nervous is an understatement.

The RAAL towers arrived (color issue resolved!) and I got them set up so that I could compare them to the NrT. All I can say is... WOW. The RAAL towers took everything I liked about the NrT edition and delivered even more detail and delineation between intruments and other sounds. There is an airyness and spaciousness present with the RAAL that just isn't there on the NrT. I had hoped for exactly this when I placed the order.

Everyone that has stopped by to hear the RAAL towers has gotten chills and said that these are the best speakers they have ever heard. These same folks have also listened to the past 5 different tower brands I have had in this room over the last 6 months.

I can honestly see these towers as my forever speakers.. they are just that good! I have spent well over 100 hours in front of these and each day I can't wait to get home and listen to something else.

I wanted to say a quick thank you to Dave, Dina and the rest of the Ascend team for all of their help and for creating such a wonderful product.

Default Re: The Tower Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by GunmetalR56 View Post
    The RAAL towers arrived (color issue resolved!) and I got them set up so that I could compare them to the NrT. All I can say is... WOW. The RAAL towers took everything I liked about the NrT edition and delivered even more detail and delineation between intruments and other sounds. There is an airyness and spaciousness present with the RAAL that just isn't there on the NrT. I had hoped for exactly this when I placed the order.

Everyone that has stopped by to hear the RAAL towers has gotten chills and said that these are the best speakers they have ever heard. These same folks have also listened to the past 5 different tower brands I have had in this room over the last 6 months.

I can honestly see these towers as my forever speakers.. they are just that good! I have spent well over 100 hours in front of these and each day I can't wait to get home and listen to something else.

I wanted to say a quick thank you to Dave, Dina and the rest of the Ascend team for all of their help and for creating such a wonderful product.
    This review solved hours of trying to decide how to upgrade my system. I have Sierra 1 NRT LCR backed by 340’s as surrounds (first system). After considering upgrading the Sierra’s again, a Horizon, or adding 2 Sierra 2’s I decided to order the Towers with RAAL to add to my system. I will either upgrade the center next year or purchase a Horizon RAAL for Xmas next year.

Dave knows what he is doing when he sends out those Black Friday emails!

Michael