Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Towers?

Default White Towers?

We just finished 3 custom pairs of satin white bamboo towers for an international customer of ours. We were all very pleased with how these came out and I am now considering offering them as one of our standard finishes.

thoughts? They would likely cost about $200 more per pair.

white2.jpg

whiteblur2.jpg
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: White Towers?

I think it looks good, offer another choice to blend in with room decor and furniture, sure help to score a few extra points on the WAF side with some potential customers

A few questions you may want to consider

1. Does the satin white finish stain easily, especially from the toddler's sticky finger or curious house pet..

2. Will it be easy or hard to clean and will cleaning ruin the finish

3. Will the white faded into other color such as pale yellow over time

4. How hard will it be to refinish

But overall, I like it. Any plan on offering the same finish to the Sierra Horizon and Sierra Bookshelf?
    Last edited by justthinking; 09-17-2015 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justthinking View Post
    I think it looks good, offer another choice to blend in with room decor and furniture, sure help to score a few extra points on the WAF side with some potential customers

A few questions you may want to consider

1. Does the satin white finish stain easily, especially from the toddler's sticky finger or curious house pet..

2. Will it be easy or hard to clean and will cleaning ruin the finish

3. Will the white faded into other color such as pale yellow over time

4. How hard will it be to refinish

But overall, I like it. Any plan on offering the same finish to the Sierra Horizon and Sierra Bookshelf?
    Surprisingly, the finish cleans up very easily and staining it would take some effort. There are 6-7 layers of clear coat over the paint. When we cleaned them up prior to packaging and after testing, we found that oily and dirty fingerprints wiped off with ease with just a microfiber cloth.

The paint should not yellow or fade over time since it is not directly exposed to air. However, direct sunlight for an extended period of time might cause some fading -- but I am honestly not sure about that.

I am not sure I understand your question about refinishing. There should be no reason to refinish the cabinets, but if it did require, it would just be a matter of sanding it down and repainting. Keep in mind that these cabinets are hardwood (bamboo) -- there is no veneer - so they can be sanded down over and over and over and over again

Yes -- we would offer this same finish on the Horizon and US built Sierra-1/Sierra-2 cabinets
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

The speaker looks amazing!

Two suggestions:
    1) Could the black plinth be substituted for outrigger type feet...or maybe matching the cabinet.
    2) Although I don't see the grills on and assuming they are black, could they instead be a light gray...similar to B&W whites with gray grills.

B&W CM.jpg

I predict that the white option will be very popular. We visited a bunch of model homes yesterday and the current décor favors the white speakers.

The white 200s you did for ???? that I bought from him over 10 years ago are now in my TEEN daughter's room. Paint shows no wear at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by aggmiami View Post
    The speaker looks amazing!

Two suggestions:
    1) Could the black plinth be substituted for outrigger type feet...or maybe matching the cabinet.
    2) Although I don't see the grills on and assuming they are black, could they instead be a light gray...similar to B&W whites with gray grills.

B&W CM.jpg
    In response to #1 - yes, but the outrigger feet would be purchased directly from a 3rdt party.

As for different grille cloth color, yes - we can certainly offer different colors
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I would send back my RAAL towers just to have this done. Wow.. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    I would send back my RAAL towers just to have this done. Wow.. Love it.
    Can we do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
    Can we do this?
    I was told I could when I wanted to go black, but in real world talk... It would be expensive.