Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Right height for bookshelves

Default Re: Right height for bookshelves

While music will be about half my use, they'll also be used (with a matching Sierra 2 center and a sub) for home theater. My tv and all components are black, which is why I'm leaning towards saying black, but the bamboo looks great and they're on sale...

Which of the finishes for the Sierra 2 are made in the US? It sounds like the natural bamboo is, what other ones are? That would certainly be a priority for me!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcrowing View Post
    Which of the finishes for the Sierra 2 are made in the US? It sounds like the natural bamboo is, what other ones are? That would certainly be a priority for me!
    The domestic made Sierra-2 cabinets are available in the same exact finishes as the towers and horizons.

Domestic made cabinets:

Satin Espresso
    Satin Cherry
    Natural
    Black Matte
    Satin Black Bamboo

Standard cabinets:

Piano Black
    Natural
    Satin Dark Cherry
    Satin Dark Espresso

All Sierra-2 cabinets presently offered on our website are for the standard cabinets. For domestic cabinets, simply give us a call (they do cost slightly more)
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that the TP-24 sands are made of MDF and the S2's are made of Bamboo, so there may be a slight difference in how they look. Don't know if that matters to you or not.

I use these stands and I love them. They come in 4 different heights.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGLS300

Hey sludgeogre,

I'm liking those Pangea stands. They appear to have a good design at a reasonable price.

Question; How do you feel about the stability of these stands with your Sierras? I see the top plates are only 6x6 inches square.

I have the Sierra 1's in Piano Black and currently have them on the TP-24 stands which have been fine. However, I think my Sierras will look a touch classier on metal pedestal stands while raising them to the 26 inch height. This topic and discussion is very useful to me!

btw, I plan to upgrade, one way or the other, to the 2's in the next year; possibly via kits.

Quote Originally Posted by rifmon View Post
    Hey sludgeogre,

I'm liking those Pangea stands. They appear to have a good design at a reasonable price.

Question; How do you feel about the stability of these stands with your Sierras? I see the top plates are only 6x6 inches square.

I have the Sierra 1's in Piano Black and currently have them on the TP-24 stands which have been fine. However, I think my Sierras will look a touch classier on metal pedestal stands while raising them to the 26 inch height. This topic and discussion is very useful to me!

btw, I plan to upgrade, one way or the other, to the 2's in the next year; possibly via kits.
    They are immensely stable and sturdy. They take a little while to put together, but are very high quality. Pangea has gone through a couple design iterations on their stuff and it's the best it has been right now. Most stands like this are all 6x6 top plates. I have had even larger speakers on top plates like this and it has never been an issue for me.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

Quote Originally Posted by sludgeogre View Post
    They are immensely stable and sturdy. They take a little while to put together, but are very high quality. Pangea has gone through a couple design iterations on their stuff and it's the best it has been right now. Most stands like this are all 6x6 top plates. I have had even larger speakers on top plates like this and it has never been an issue for me.
    Awesome! Thanks for your reply. I think they'll look better and the slight elevation will be a plus.