Thread: Speaker placemnt

Default Speaker placemnt

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade by current bookshelf's with the SIERRA-2, the placement of the speakers would be fairly close to the back wall. (about 12 inches) . The SIERRA-2's being rear ported , would that affect the performance and sound of the speakers. I live in a condo and my living room is 12*14 with 12 ft high ceiling.
    I would appreciate any thoughts and suggestion on this.

Thanks....

Default Re: Speaker placemnt

I don't think that will be a problem, but is there a reason why they can't be moved farther from the wall? Will you be using a subwoofer?
    -curtis

I have a rather large sectional in my living room which takes up a lot of space, I dont have much space left to place the speakers. I will be using a sub, and its a simple 2 channel music only setup.

--Thanks,

With the speakers and sub crossed over properly, the port won't really come into play, so there should not be any problems.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by cptslow View Post
    Hi,

I am planning to upgrade by current bookshelf's with the SIERRA-2, the placement of the speakers would be fairly close to the back wall. (about 12 inches) . The SIERRA-2's being rear ported , would that affect the performance and sound of the speakers. I live in a condo and my living room is 12*14 with 12 ft high ceiling.

Thanks....
    Even being run full range, 12" is plenty of clearance for the Sierra-2
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by cptslow View Post
    Hi,

Thanks....
    Do you mean the back of the speaker is 12" from the back wall? That will work fine. That's about where mine are.