Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMT-340 Ribbon tweeter option?

Default Re: CMT-340 Ribbon tweeter option?

p.s. I will probably be AFK for the rest of the evening. However, that doesn't mean I am not interested in the discussion.

Thanks.

- s.west

Would another reason for a RAAL version of CMT-340 be for those where the Sierra Horizon is just too large? Would that work out well?

I have a salamander rack and would prefer to put a center inside the cabinet. The Horizon is just too large.

Quote Originally Posted by Blingleberry View Post
    Would another reason for a RAAL version of CMT-340 be for those where the Sierra Horizon is just too large? Would that work out well?

I have a salamander rack and would prefer to put a center inside the cabinet. The Horizon is just too large.
    This is an option I will investigate once we finish up the Sat's. The question is how well the 340 woofers will perform with nearly a full octave higher crossover point than what they were originally designed for. The S2 tweeter needs to be crossed much higher than the dome in the 340...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks Dave

What would you recommend for a center speaker for a Salamander 3 space rack like this? It can handle about a 20" width at the most. I could also take off the door or use a half space door. Will a Horizon fit? Might be a tiny bit too wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Blingleberry View Post
    Thanks Dave

What would you recommend for a center speaker for a Salamander 3 space rack like this? It can handle about a 20" width at the most. I could also take off the door or use a half space door. Will a Horizon fit? Might be a tiny bit too wide.

I would recommend going with our Sierra-2 center...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com