Thread: cbm-170s with two rythmik f8's?

Default cbm-170s with two rythmik f8's?

I have a very basic setup:
    Denon 1909
    CBM-170se L/R
    CMT-340se C
    Yamaha YST-315 Sub (ported 10" with active-servo)

I'm finally inching towards an upgrade and was pleased to see Rythmik has sealed 8"ers, I was hopeful for years that this would be an option and can only imagine how nice it must sound. Has anyone paired the f8 with the cbm170s? What about two f8's, handling the lower frequencies? This seems like a good pairing

Default Re: cbm-170s with two rythmik f8's?

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    I have a very basic setup:
    Denon 1909
    CBM-170se L/R
    CMT-340se C
    Yamaha YST-315 Sub (ported 10" with active-servo)

I'm finally inching towards an upgrade and was pleased to see Rythmik has sealed 8"ers, I was hopeful for years that this would be an option and can only imagine how nice it must sound. Has anyone paired the f8 with the cbm170s? What about two f8's, handling the lower frequencies? This seems like a good pairing
    I have listened to the F8 and a pair of 170's in my own home and thought the pairing was excellent
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I have listened to the F8 and a pair of 170's in my own home and thought the pairing was excellent
    This is what I will be going for in my new HT set up. It needs to be small to fit on my wife's new wall unit.. Had to get rid of my huge Klipsch towers and will be switching to Ascends. After my RAAL tower purchase I couldn't see myself buying a different brand.

I recently got a Rythimk L12 and I am planning in replacing my current mains with a pair of CBM-170SE. Considering how flat the CBM-170SE response is and their FR, I expect that to be a very good matching too. I can tell you that I am very happy with the L12. While a "bad" room can make even an excellent sub sound awful, I wanted a sub that gave me a reasonable assurance, based on its specification and technology, that it performed well with music and the L12 did not disappoint!