Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why must there be a time frame for package deals?

I can relate to the $$$ issue!
    The "Limited-time offer" thing is a marketing tool, designed to give a percentage of people the "push" needed to complete their systems after evaluating Ascend speakers for the 30-day trial, giving them an extra 15 days to get the package price when they initially bought only a pair of speakers. I agree that Ascend "Family" members ought to be extended a "family discount", such as Outlaw does with their customers. I bought an Outlaw 1050 about 2 1/2 years ago, and am still eligible for all family discounts.

Ed

I've always thought 60 to 90 days would make more sense. Have you talked to the guys at Ascend? They've been known to be willing to work with people.

many ways to look at this. i think ascend went on the premise of honoring a package deal for those who (statistically) wish to complete a 5.1 <u>package</u> after trying a <u>pair</u> of their speakers.

In retrospect, I feel kinda bad about complaining. The prices are plenty fair as they are -- my frugal mind just hates to see a deal I can't take advantage of [!]

don't be hasty. i'd take Quinn's advice above...

Or, you could just buy 1 additional speaker every 45 days. At least that is how I understand the program.

Derek

Having a limit seems fair to me. It is known up front, and I think is really intended to allow you to try the speakers before splurging on the whole set. Given my finances, longer would be better, I guess, but this is fair.

Hi Guys,

Been following this thread closely and I thought I would add a few comments.. Our program was indeed created to allow customers to audition a pair of loudspeakers before purchasing a complete home theater system. Thus minimizing the risks for the customer. Believe me, our intentions are good.

First, our extended purchasing plan allows a customer to purchase a pair of speakers and -slowly- build a complete home theater system. Each subsequent purchase must be made within 45-days of receiving the prior purchase. It is really quite simple, a customer can purchase a pair of CBM-170s, then within 45-days add a center, then within another 45-days add the rear speakers, and finally add the sub within another 45-days. In reality, the timeline is 135 days, even longer for a 7.1 system.. That is a long time…

Second, whoever said that we do not offer “family” discounts? While we don’t mention it on our site (neither do I believe any of our competitors do), just ask… James and I are always willing to work with our customers… and we always do

Third, I can see where things could be a bit confusing simply because, as far as I can tell, we are still the only net direct audio company that actually advertises that we offer an extended purchasing plan in order to receive discounted package pricing when upgrading. Show me another company’s advertised plan? I guess because we actually publicize a plan, it might lead to the assumption that it is set in stone. Well, as many of you know, it certainly is not and there are also many of you on this forum who have received “family” discounts for additional purchases well out of our extender time frame.

Finally, why place a time frame on this? There are many reasons… Most critical is that our discounted pricing for add-on product can end up being really low priced… As many of you know, out products hold their value quite well in the used market (especially for loudspeakers). It would be all too easy for clever customers to purchase add-on product and then sell it. This would have many negative results, including dramatically dropping the aftermarket value of our products, which I know many of our customers would not appreciate.

Hope this explains a few things…

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks for the explanation, David, and apologies for "stirring the pot." Hope I didn't cause you any consternation. Your prices and policies are indeed the fairest around. Unfortunately, as it stands, I probably won't be replacing my old surrounds for quite some time, but maybe, just maybe, that will leave enough time for you to pull another (much-rumored) magic rabbit out of your hat []

Good explanation, David. Especially the part about receiving a piece of gear with a discount and selling it on the used market. I never thought of that, but it makes sense. No worries about me, though. Mine are not going anywhere!! Thanks from a very satisfied customer.