Thread: Finally Upgrading

Default Finally Upgrading

Well it's been 5 yrs. since my last upgrade. I'm using 3 Sierra 1's in the front and HTM-200SE'S for the surrounds powered by an Onkyo TX-SR608. I'll be receiving two service awards from where I work at the end of this week. I plan on getting the Rythmik F12SE with one award and haven't decided what to buy with the other. Maybe a new receiver or a pre-amp/amp. My room is 176 sq. ft. with 8ft. ceilings. Sitting distance from speakers and projector screen is about 9ft. A 5.1 setup for me is more than enough. I'm thinking the sub might be all I need to bring my system to life. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Finally Upgrading

Quote Originally Posted by in2themistic View Post
    Well it's been 5 yrs. since my last upgrade. I'm using 3 Sierra 1's in the front and HTM-200SE'S for the surrounds powered by an Onkyo TX-SR608. I'll be receiving two service awards from where I work at the end of this week. I plan on getting the Rythmik F12SE with one award and haven't decided what to buy with the other. Maybe a new receiver or a pre-amp/amp. My room is 176 sq. ft. with 8ft. ceilings. Sitting distance from speakers and projector screen is about 9ft. A 5.1 setup for me is more than enough. I'm thinking the sub might be all I need to bring my system to life. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Good morning, I guess what I'm asking is will a new 5.1 receiver without the bells and whistles give me a noticeable difference in my sound. My budget is around $1000.00. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by in2themistic View Post
    Good morning, I guess what I'm asking is will a new 5.1 receiver without the bells and whistles give me a noticeable difference in my sound. My budget is around $1000.00. Thanks again.
    Maybe. The sound of different amps isn't going to be dramatically different. But if you use Audyssey Room Correction than there could be a noticeable improvement. If you upgraded to Audyssey XT32, you would have more filters, higher resolution to the room correction. I've gone back and forth whether I like Audyssey or not but currently I'm liking it because of what it and dynamic eq do for the bass. If you want to stay in your budget and get most of the bells and whistles you could get a Denon X4100. $875 at accessories4less.com. Cheaper models such as X3100 have it too but also have a little less power.
    Nate

Thanks for the input Nate.