Thread: Planting a flag in NYC!

Default Planting a flag in NYC!

Hey everyone,

I'm excited for the arrival of my Sierra-2s next week! I've never owned any substantial audio equipment until now. As a music lover and brand new first time dad, it seemed like the right time to usher an era of good sound into the home.

Default Re: Planting a flag in NYC!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootledhead View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm excited for the arrival of my Sierra-2s next week! I've never owned any substantial audio equipment until now. As a music lover and brand new first time dad, it seemed like the right time to usher an era of good sound into the home.
    Welcome! I'm sure you'll love your new speakers. Let us know if you need any suggestions on setting them up.
    Nate

Default Re: Planting a flag in NYC!

Thanks Nate!
    I actually could use a hand with getting this setup off the ground. Here's what I posted in another part of the forum.

"Hey y'all,

I've just made my first inroad into great sound with the Sierra 2s (anticipating arrival this week). I've never had any kind of multi channel stereo system until now, and I could use some assistance with choosing an AVR. Based on the price point I can afford at the moment and connectivity features I would like to see, I've narrowed the field to these 3:

- Denon AVR-S700W
    - Sony STR-DN1050
    - Yamaha RX-V577

Does anyone have experience with or input about those options? Considering how similar they are with respect to features, I'm really curious which of these units would support the best sound quality. Any support would be greatly appreciated."