Thread: Hello from the Y-Bridge City Zanesville Ohio

Default Hello from the Y-Bridge City Zanesville Ohio

10453470_10201990227389876_3282243509500136080_n Y-City.jpg

Hello, I'm a little late introducing myself. I already have a post "Help a Newbie" that has 2000 plus views so I'm sure we might have talked. Pictures of my house, dogs and many things have been shared as we set this system up. But this thread is about how we got here, so I thought I would share.
    Zanesville Ohio is known for some good things, some not so good. Remember a couple years back when all the wild animals in a privately owned Zoo was turned loose and then the Law enforcement was force to kill dozens of tigers, bears, leopards, lions, zebras, monkeys... etc ? That was our neighbor, and a very good friend of my brother. It was just horrible, sounded like WW3 over there.. We will never live it down. Long story, and I'll stop there.
    On the flip side we have a unusual bridge. Only one in US. Its always fun to tell someone asking directions to "go to the middle of the bridge and turn left"..They give you a funny look!

I'm gradually stepping away from the love affair I've had with racing cars, and am about to retire. A couple pics are below. My brother,who is 5 years older than me, is my crewcheif, and I drive.I'm the guy in the black T-shirt.. We have been at it for 20 plus years. You guys think high end audio is a money funnel? Lets just say my wife is soooo glad I'm getting interested in audio again....
    Chicago Winners Circle (3).jpg
    Race Car top (640x480).jpg

A couple of years back, I started thinking about updating the system before I retire. I found that all the hi end audio stores that I used to frequent in the 70's and early 80's were out of business. So I looked around on here, and stumbled on the 2112 review of the Asends. I had bookmarked Anthony Gallo, B&W, Legacy,Salk, and Sierra Towers, .
    That was 2 or 3 years ago. I reviseted a couple months back, and I kept coming back to Clark Robinsons review in Enjoy The Music...This paragraph "..................................
    Bona Fide Rockers
    If I've ever heard a set of speakers built from the ground up to rock, the Ascend Towers are it. Every group I threw at them: Zeppelin, Metallica, Tool, and AC/DC to name but a few; rocked, thrashed, crunched, and grooved exactly the way I wanted them too. Everything about them seems optimized for head-banging, eye-blinking impact, and I gave them every opportunity. Of course, "real" audiophiles will tell you that rock 'n' roll recordings don't make for very good loudspeaker test material. I say that the only good test material is the music that you most often listen to, and a speaker that can't deliver the goods from Van Halen or Opeth has no place in my audio system.

This paragraph is was I was hoping to find. Dave, you should buy this Clark guy a beer. He just sold you a set of speakers!!
    Soon after I became a regular reader of the forum...and the journey continues...We Will Talk later, I'm sure...Jeff
    Last edited by Wanger 714; 02-26-2015 at 07:43 AM.

Default Re: Hello from the Y-Bridge City Zanesville Ohio

I just moved 6 months ago but for the previous 15 years I lived about an hour from Zanesville. I know the area very well. We've camped and rode our mountain bikes at Dillon State Park. We've stayed with our friends numerous times just down the street from the notorious zoo.
    Last edited by natetg57; 02-26-2015 at 09:28 AM.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    I just moved 6 months ago but for the previous 15 years I lived about an hour from Zanesville. I know the area very well. We've camped and rode our mountain bikes at Dillon State Park. We've stayed with our friends numerous times just down the street from the notorious zoo.
    Well Nate,
    Its amazing how small this place is sometimes, isn't it?I never thought I would run into someone on here from our little burg.

Look at us Ohio people all lovin those Ascend speakers form California! Glad you still have your hearing after 20 years on the strip.
    Jeff

Hello from Fayetteville, Ohio! We've traded posts in your "Help a Newbie" thread. I'm patiently waiting my Ascend Towers to arrive. I hope they live up to Clark Robinson's review. I've got HD digital copies of Led Zeppelin ready to rock as soon as the Ascends arrive.

I remember the escaped animal story. I was visiting a friend living on Buckeye Lake when it happened.

Best of Luck,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Look at us Ohio people all lovin those Ascend speakers form California! Glad you still have your hearing after 20 years on the strip.
    Yep, your right ...And Go Browns.... ( don't laugh all you others, we can't help it). Thats probably a dirty word to you huh Mark....
    And yes its loud, but its pretty tame in the car. I wear hearing protection plus the helmet of course.

norwalk 2010.jpg
    Last edited by Wanger 714; 02-27-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanger 714 View Post
    Yep, your right ...And Go Browns.... ( don't laugh all you others, we can't help it). Thats probably a dirty word to you huh Mark....
    And yes its loud, but its pretty tame in the car. I wear hearing protection plus the helmet of course.

norwalk 2010.jpg
    Been a Browns fan all my life.

I'm old enough to remember Frank Ryan playing quarterback. Paul Warfield before he went to Miami. And some guy named Jim Brown running over everyone.

Was in the end zone seats when Brian Sipe threw that ill fated interception to end the Cardiac Kids play off run.

Not quite as rabid as I used to be but I do wear a Browns jersey to the annual game here each year.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Wanger 714 View Post

norwalk 2010.jpg
    Sorry but I'm a die hard Steeler's fan. grew up in western PA
    Jeff