Thread: Hello from the Y-Bridge City Zanesville Ohio

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello from the Y-Bridge City Zanesville Ohio

10453470_10201990227389876_3282243509500136080_n Y-City.jpg

Hello, I'm a little late introducing myself. I already have a post "Help a Newbie" that has 2000 plus views so I'm sure we might have talked. Pictures of my house, dogs and many things have been shared as we set this system up. But this thread is about how we got here, so I thought I would share.
    Zanesville Ohio is known for some good things, some not so good. Remember a couple years back when all the wild animals in a privately owned Zoo was turned loose and then the Law enforcement was force to kill dozens of tigers, bears, leopards, lions, zebras, monkeys... etc ? That was our neighbor, and a very good friend of my brother. It was just horrible, sounded like WW3 over there.. We will never live it down. Long story, and I'll stop there.
    On the flip side we have a unusual bridge. Only one in US. Its always fun to tell someone asking directions to "go to the middle of the bridge and turn left"..They give you a funny look!

I'm gradually stepping away from the love affair I've had with racing cars, and am about to retire. A couple pics are below. My brother,who is 5 years older than me, is my crewcheif, and I drive.I'm the guy in the black T-shirt.. We have been at it for 20 plus years. You guys think high end audio is a money funnel? Lets just say my wife is soooo glad I'm getting interested in audio again....
    Chicago Winners Circle (3).jpg
    Race Car top (640x480).jpg

A couple of years back, I started thinking about updating the system before I retire. I found that all the hi end audio stores that I used to frequent in the 70's and early 80's were out of business. So I looked around on here, and stumbled on the 2112 review of the Asends. I had bookmarked Anthony Gallo, B&W, Legacy,Salk, and Sierra Towers, .
    That was 2 or 3 years ago. I reviseted a couple months back, and I kept coming back to Clark Robinsons review in Enjoy The Music...This paragraph "..................................
    Bona Fide Rockers
    If I've ever heard a set of speakers built from the ground up to rock, the Ascend Towers are it. Every group I threw at them: Zeppelin, Metallica, Tool, and AC/DC to name but a few; rocked, thrashed, crunched, and grooved exactly the way I wanted them too. Everything about them seems optimized for head-banging, eye-blinking impact, and I gave them every opportunity. Of course, "real" audiophiles will tell you that rock 'n' roll recordings don't make for very good loudspeaker test material. I say that the only good test material is the music that you most often listen to, and a speaker that can't deliver the goods from Van Halen or Opeth has no place in my audio system.

This paragraph is was I was hoping to find. Dave, you should buy this Clark guy a beer. He just sold you a set of speakers!!
    Soon after I became a regular reader of the forum...and the journey continues...We Will Talk later, I'm sure...Jeff
    Last edited by Wanger 714; 02-26-2015 at 07:43 AM.