Thread: Updating my 5.1 - Your comments welcome! Thanks!

Default Updating my 5.1 - Your comments welcome! Thanks!

Good morning guys,
    First thing, I apologize for the lengthy post, but I wanted to provide as much information as possible.
    I’ve recently began the journey of updating my 5.1 system. I was able to do some research along with a little auditioning here and there. From what I have done so far has brought me to Ascend. However, I’m still a little intrigued by the Chane A5rx. However, I was not able to listen to them, and have found little to nothing comparing these to the Sierra models. They would still be a nice upgrade from what I have I’m sure. The value has kept them on my list.

So on to business. Below is my current setup that I am upgrading from.

AVR - Denon x4000 (would keep)
    Front – Polk RTi8
    Center – Polk CSi5
    Surround – Polk FXiA4
    Sub – SVS PB12 NSD

So, a few things I do not like about my current system. I like to listen to music quite a bit. I find the set I have now to be not very good for music. They lack clarity and detail especially at higher volumes.

What do I plan on doing with my new system?
    I plan to use the system within the room attached in a similar configuration. 40% music, 30% movies, and 30% gaming. The floors are wood.

I’m still debating on if I want to go with towers or bookshelves. I can do either of them within the room without a problem. However, I will be using them with a sub (considering upgrading to a two sub system in the future, but I will keep the current for now).

What are you guy’s thoughts? I know the common answer is listening to them both, and decide, but I feel my options are still a little varied to do that at the moment.

Below are a few options I was able to come up with. Looking at stay somewhere around ~3200.

Option 1
    Ascend Sierra 2 L/C/R
    Surround (keep current for now)
    Update Sub (looking between Rythmik FV12HP and HSU VTF-15H)

Option 2
    Ascend Sierra RAAL Tower
    Ascend Sierra 2 Center (standard horizon won’t fit)
    Surround (keep current for now)
    Keep current sub (update later)

Option 3
    Ascend Sierra 2 Fronts
    Ascend Sierra Horizon (Attempt to get a slim)
    Keep current sub (update later)

Default Re: Updating my 5.1 - Your comments welcome! Thanks!

Hebed118,

I am so sorry this post was missed.

Have your questions been answered yet? Please let me know...

Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com