Thread: Sub level ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sub level ?

Hi all,

Have been re-tweaking my system placement as of late ,having to re-run anthem room correction. When ARC run the sub level is set - 10db, but if I check it with a SPL meter after setup with pink noise test it is no where near the level db of the other speakers and have to set it to +4db to get it close. What am I missing hear, is this normal for room correction to be so off for sub level? I have read about changing physical sub level knob, but with it being so far off from SPL reading would have to change that way higher then the 12 o'clock position I currently have set.

Default Re: Sub level ?

What SPL meter are you using. It is probably not the room correction being off, but your SPL meter.

They need to be checked and calibrated. Usually you can find a general correction file online somewhere
    -curtis

Hi Curtis,

It is a smart tools sound meter app on my android. Let me check the calibration.

it is my understanding that the sound meter apps on Android and iOS phones are notoriously inaccurate.
    -curtis

Thank Curtis,

I wasn't it expecting to be perfect, but it actually was pretty dead on will all the other speakers, against the ARC measurements. I know sub level is harder for SPL meter to read. Thou I did find some information on the anthem forum, to make sure to set the sub level first before running any ARC, otherwise ARC may give you weird results. I am going to try defaulting everything and then doing that first and then re running ARC.

Thanks for your quick responses!

I was able to set sub level first then re-ran ARC, and things have configured properly now.

On another note for my Sierra Towers, I have the dreaded 100Hz dip and 60 Hz peak, ARC pretty much fixes, but I would like to get closer to flat before running ARC. I have tried different speaker/listening placement, but nothing seems to tame it. I am waiting on some more treatments for my room, but was wondering if anyone knows what area of the room normally causes this?

Regards