Thread: Towers/Grills off or on?

Default Towers/Grills off or on?

I was just curious to pose the question if people prefer the sound of the towers with the grills off or on.

Also when Ascend measure the speakers when built, do they measure with grills on or off?

Default Re: Towers/Grills off or on?

Quote Originally Posted by AR2ax man View Post
    I was just curious to pose the question if people prefer the sound of the towers with the grills off or on.

Also when Ascend measure the speakers when built, do they measure with grills on or off?
    All measurements we publish for all of our loudspeakers are with the grilles removed. That said, our grilles and grille cloth are specifically designed to be as transparent to performance as possible. While I can never predict what another person will hear, based on measurements -- it would be difficult to hear a difference with grilles on compared to grilles off.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I run mine with the grilles on. Dust over time can destroy things. But I can sympathize. Those towers sure are pretty with the grilles off.

I keep my grills on most of the time, but..... sometimes when I'm alone spending quality time with my RAAL Towers I take them off.