Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10" or 12" sub

Default Re: 10" or 12" sub

025 resize.jpg

Hey Senthil,

A not so great snap of my set up. 65 inch Panny plasma on the wall for scale. That's a 15" Rythmik sealed sub in the pic... is it large? Yes. At first, the wife was shocked how large... after a couple weeks, its just part of the room. Honestly doesn't even phase anyone at this point.

I didn't realize you were looking 70/30 HT vs Music. When you come over tomorrow to demo, bring some BluRay movies that you know well, and you can get a feel for the matching center and sub as they integrate for HT.

Patrick

@kikasuku, wow, that's a lot of great info. This is the spec of the SVS wireless transmitter I'm considering:

Frequency response: 6 Hz-23 kHz (- 3 dB points)
    Latency: 25 ms
    Channel separation: 70 dB
    THD+N: <0.2% (100-600 mV input)
    Gain: 1.1 dB
    S/N ratio: 82 dBV

If I go with this adaptor, the sub will be placed about 6' from the transmitter. Does this look feasible?

Patrick, I tried putting a cardboard box about the same size as the LVR12 and the wife was not happy. Maybe I'll get a better perspective after seeing your setup in person, looking forward to it I'll get a bluray along.

Quote Originally Posted by senkrish View Post
    @kikasuku, wow, that's a lot of great info. This is the spec of the SVS wireless transmitter I'm considering:

Frequency response: 6 Hz-23 kHz (- 3 dB points)
    Latency: 25 ms
    Channel separation: 70 dB
    THD+N: <0.2% (100-600 mV input)
    Gain: 1.1 dB
    S/N ratio: 82 dBV

If I go with this adaptor, the sub will be placed about 6' from the transmitter. Does this look feasible?

Patrick, I tried putting a cardboard box about the same size as the LVR12 and the wife was not happy. Maybe I'll get a better perspective after seeing your setup in person, looking forward to it I'll get a bluray along.
    Doesn't say if the ADC is 16 or 24 bit. The sub distance for 25 ms latency would be around 28 ft, so you need to make sure your receiver can handle a sub distance of 28 ft + the actual distance from sub to MLP.

That set up looks amazing! I'm running sierra 2's but would love to put those to surround duty and get the towers and horizon upfront. Due to money I will probably just run s2's for lcr though, or just a horizon with the sierras.

Back to the op, not sure how flexible your budget is. If you are like me I start low and it quadruples. Lol

I have a JL Audio e112 that is an amazing sub. My buddy has the e110 which is extremely tiny and still has great output. They are spendy at msrp, but you might be able to haggle with a dealer. I got mine at dealer cost so it was quite affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Problems View Post
    025 resize.jpg

Hey Senthil,

A not so great snap of my set up. 65 inch Panny plasma on the wall for scale. That's a 15" Rythmik sealed sub in the pic... is it large? Yes. At first, the wife was shocked how large... after a couple weeks, its just part of the room. Honestly doesn't even phase anyone at this point.

I didn't realize you were looking 70/30 HT vs Music. When you come over tomorrow to demo, bring some BluRay movies that you know well, and you can get a feel for the matching center and sub as they integrate for HT.

Patrick
    Last edited by diesel79; 01-31-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Thanks Diesel. Ironically I want to get some Sierra 2's for surrounds once I move later this year. Space doesn't allow for those on my rear wall, so I'm using some smaller Kef's for surround duty.

I actually auditioned the JL audio E110 when I was considering the Kef R line before getting the Ascends. The place I went to I think was a little OVERLY fond of keeping things lean in the bass department, so I didn't come away liking the E110, although everything I've read since that time for reviews says it and the E112 really are great subs.

I went with the 15" rhythmik in my case because I knew I'd be moving to a bigger space, so a 10 or 12 wouldn't be big enough, but in some cases I'm sure its more than enough.

I spoke to SVS, they confirmed 25ms delay is about 25ft. I upgraded my receiver to Denon 4520 recently and it can handle upto 60ft. So I have finally settled on PB1000 with the wireless kit. Thanks everyone for helping me make up mind.