Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Rythmik F8

Default Re: Rythmik F8

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    I reckon as JR alluded too....the mass loaded or stiffer cone might only effect higher frequencies and for a sub though its likely inaudible for most....iirc....my driver has a +/- 3db up to 800hz...but I am not interested in finding out....as most bass interaction in any particular room will start to sound bloated or localize above 200hz in any event.
    Who is JR? And what do you mean mass loaded? You mean like a passive radiator?

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    Who is JR? And what do you mean mass loaded? You mean like a passive radiator?
    No to the latter and...I linked Data-Bass...so the JR is Josh Ricci....lol.

Mass in this case would be size and weight...thou I can understand and appreciate how Dave and Brian share the same common design principles & philosophies. I like and use Data-Base for baseline testing...a lot of folks do...
    Last edited by billy p; 01-03-2017 at 05:10 PM. Reason: bass not base...
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

I know what mass is. Mass loading usually refers to adding additional mass to a speaker for tuning purposes or reducing vibration.

I'm familiar with Data Bass. The Rythmik FV15HP did quite well in their tests.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Please read this article about some subwoofer myths and fallacies...

http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=knowhow&type=1
    I believe when most people refer to the "speed" of a speaker or a subwoofer, they are unknowingly referring to transient response. They do not mean how "fast" the woofer is moving or how fast it can move, but how quickly that woofer can come to a full stop and start. This is no myth or fallacy, and is easily measured and is often quite audible. Low mass drivers in combination with low inductance and powerful motor systems = greater transient accuracy. Add to this Direct Servo - which further improves transient accuracy.

Ribbon and electrostatic speakers have exceptionally accurate transients - and as such, it is indeed important to try and extend that to the subwoofer as well (at least as best as is possible as no sub can match these speakers).

There is a reason so many electrostatic and ribbon speaker owners are using Rythmik subs or have been pointed towards Rythmik.

The F8 is an incredibly articulate subwoofer.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Excellent info Dave. I should point out that I am not just a Rythmik fanboy. I have 7 subwoofers from 4 different manufacturers in my home right now. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I have also owned previously 2 subs from SVS and 3 subs from HSU.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    Excellent info Dave. I should point out that I am not just a Rythmik fanboy. I have 7 subwoofers from 4 different manufacturers in my home right now. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I have also owned previously 2 subs from SVS and 3 subs from HSU.
    That is a lot of subwoofers! Although we have sold off most of them by now, we also have many subs from SVS and HSU that were sent to us for evaluation over the years. I probably still have a few M&K's around here somewhere too
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    There is a reason so many electrostatic and ribbon speaker owners are using Rythmik subs or have been pointed towards Rythmik.
    That is no joke. The only sub recommendation that gets thrown out in any Magnepan group I was part of was always Rythmik. It was eye-opening to see how many guys had problems integrating other subs, but Rythmik subs can be dialed in to sound incredible with Magnepan speakers in a day or so. It's even easier than using the DWM bass panel module.
    -Alex
    PS4/Nvidia Shield --> Emotiva XMC-1 --> Emotiva XPA-5 --> Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers and Horizon Center w/ RAAL tweeters (L/C/R), HTM-200 SE (Surrounds), 2x Rythmik F12 subwoofers

I tried to get Brian to say that F8 has better transient response than other subs but he did not explicitly say anything regarding it. I tried F8s at my place but returned them as they were not cutting it for bass heavy movie scenes. YMMV. My rythmik F15 never felt shy to bring down the whole house and then some....😀.

Thanks
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rsmt2000 View Post
    I tried to get Brian to say that F8 has better transient response than other subs but he did not explicitly say anything regarding it. I tried F8s at my place but returned them as they were not cutting it for bass heavy movie scenes. YMMV. My rythmik F15 never felt shy to bring down the whole house and then some....��.

Thanks
    Ron
    Ron, I may have misspoke about what Brian would say. I know Dave has shown a preference for the F8.

When it comes to bass heavy movies scenes, I too have hit the limit of dual F8 on occasion with some movies (TRON, LOTR). One thing I found interesting in my testing is that that dual F8s have pretty decent output at very low frequencies. I can get my doors 30 feet away to audibly vibrate with 12hz test tones with the F8s. As you go higher in frequency, however, the output capability does not increase as much as with some other subs.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmt2000 View Post
    I tried to get Brian to say that F8 has better transient response than other subs but he did not explicitly say anything regarding it. I tried F8s at my place but returned them as they were not cutting it for bass heavy movie scenes. YMMV. My rythmik F15 never felt shy to bring down the whole house and then some....��.

Thanks
    Ron
    Hey Ron....thou I've never experienced Rythmik in home, I have heard them a couple of occasions...my first encounter albeit brief was at PSA when I dropped by the shop whilst in the area and second was closer to home at a friends gtg both vtf15h and fv15hp on display along with some diy subs....aamof the RA and Hsu where dual setups...but without hearing them in my home I can not comment or speculate regarding SQ or personal preference.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.