Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rythmik F8

Default Re: Rythmik F8

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    Thanks Dave! I hope one day it could happen. I would buy two in a heartbeat. I'm currently running a little M&K KX10SF. It's a small sealed 8 incher and sounds great. The bass notes are much clearer and more defined than the other sub I have (Velodyne Minivee 10). And both are sealed subs but the Velodyne has a larger, heavier cone.
    I worked on the KX10 subwoofer, it was basically an updated version of M&K's VX-7. IMO, there are MUCH better subwoofers out there these days. The KX10, like the older VX-7, did not have enough amplifier headroom and it really wasn't capable of getting down much below 40Hz. Good for music, but not suitable for modern day home theater.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I worked on the KX10 subwoofer, it was basically an updated version of M&K's VX-7. IMO, there are MUCH better subwoofers out there these days. The KX10, like the older VX-7, did not have enough amplifier headroom and it really wasn't capable of getting down much below 40Hz. Good for music, but not suitable for modern day home theater.
    That's so cool that you worked on this sub. I'm not surprised at the lack of depth and output below 40hz. But I'm pretty happy with the quality of sound it does produce. That being said, my next sub will probably be a Rythmik. Just not sure which one.

That's so cool that you worked on this sub. I'm not surprised at the lack of depth and output below 40hz. But I'm pretty happy with the quality of sound it does produce. That being said, my next sub will probably be a Rythmik. Just not sure which one.
    Since you like the sound quality of KX10 - go with the Rythmik F8... Trust me on this It has the same amount of detail and tightness - only with much much more output and is capable of truly reaching down low...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I too would be interested in a single-driver F8 sealed subwoofer. I used to own a pair of F15's which were overkill for my space.

Now, I am very happy with a pair of small SVS SB-1000 subwoofers. They do a nice job of filling out the bottom with tight bass. They are paired with Sierra Towers, so I do not need the SVS subs to play accurately at higher frequency since they are crossed over at 60Hz. They are not capable of shaking the room for home theater buffs. As I get older, I'm also happy that they are light in weight so can lift them without throwing out my back. This is a mixed bag. Obviously, heavier weight is associated with quality in subwoofers.

I think I could upgrade again to a pair of F12's, but my neighbors would NOT be happy.
    Last edited by bkdc; 05-27-2016 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
    I think I could upgrade again to a pair of F12's, but my neighbors would NOT be happy.
    I own a pair of F12's and I have them on SVS SoundPath isolation feet. I live in a duplex and I play my system fairly loud from time to time. Because the bass on the Rythmik is so tactile, it has never bothered my neighbors. Sure, I can turn them up and make everything shake, but I don't really enjoy that anyway.

Anyway, I think the duals are worth it because the bass is so even throughout the room, even though I'm sitting in a null I can still hear great bass, it just sounds a little better at the edge of the room. I cannot wait to move into a new house and finally have my own theater room, but the dual F12's work great in a duplex for now. I'm sure with a really boomy sub my neighbors would hate me.

I have no idea if the SoundPath feet are really doing anything either, since I put them on the subs as soon as they arrived, so I haven't tried them with the regular feet. They still make the floor in front of me shake a little bit, but it doesn't transfer out of my living room, it seems.

Since you like the sound quality of KX10 - go with the Rythmik F8... Trust me on this It has the same amount of detail and tightness - only with much much more output and is capable of truly reaching down low...
    Hi Dave, do you guys have the F8 on demo at your shop?

Hi Dave, do you guys have the F8 on demo at your shop?
    We don't - but I have (2) of them at my home. If you are serious, I suppose I could bring one to the shop for you
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

We don't - but I have (2) of them at my home. If you are serious, I suppose I could bring one to the shop for you
    Thanks for offering but that seems like a lot of trouble. Do you guys have the F8 in stock? Which finishes?

Thanks for offering but that seems like a lot of trouble. Do you guys have the F8 in stock? Which finishes?
    http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages...s/subs/f8.html

Thanks, but that page doesn't show what's in stock. I called Ascend earlier today and found out they don't have the subwoofer in stock in San Clemente. It gets shipped from Texas. I was hoping to just stop by and pick one up since I live locally.