Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rythmik F8

Default Re: Rythmik F8

Quote Originally Posted by steelbolz View Post
    What is the difference between the black oak and the black matte finish? Which one is close to the base of the natural sierra tower?
    The base of the tower is a satin black. Neither black matte or black oak will match this as the oak is a similar sheen as the satin black base but black oak has a grain while the satin black base does not. I think from a distance, black matte might be the closer match.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave, I have an E15HP and am considering adding a second subwoofer. Any reason I should go with a F8 over another E15HP? SPL is not my goal as I have a smaller living space. One idea I have is to run the F8 as a midbass driver, possibly near field for impact. Have you tried the F8 in conjunction with a larger sub?

Quote Originally Posted by jahjd2000 View Post
    Dave, I have an E15HP and am considering adding a second subwoofer. Any reason I should go with a F8 over another E15HP? SPL is not my goal as I have a smaller living space. One idea I have is to run the F8 as a midbass driver, possibly near field for impact. Have you tried the F8 in conjunction with a larger sub?
    I would go with another E15HP. If you are running dual subs, it is best to keep them the same and the E15HP is a fantastic subwoofer.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I would go with another E15HP. If you are running dual subs, it is best to keep them the same and the E15HP is a fantastic subwoofer.
    Good advice. I was listening to the E15HP tonight and it's so smooth. Would love to hear it paired with another one.

The base of the tower is a satin black. Neither black matte or black oak will match this as the oak is a similar sheen as the satin black base but black oak has a grain while the satin black base does not. I think from a distance, black matte might be the closer match.
    Thanks!
    Steelbolz

ST RAAL, Emotiva ERC 3, XPA 2 and USP 1.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicHead View Post
    Black matte is a solid color, sort of opaque black. It is not smooth, it has a nice texture to the touch. I have an L12 with that finish. It does not look like wood, but it has an elegant and simple look.

Black oak I believe it has the sort of "simulated" wood grain that sometime you see in laminated furniture.
    Thanks for your response!
    Steelbolz

ST RAAL, Emotiva ERC 3, XPA 2 and USP 1.

Any chance of an F8 about half the size with a single 8" woofer being developed? I've always wanted to have a pair of subwoofers in my system, but I think a pair of the current f8's with dual woofers would be overkill for me (or my neighbors).

Quote Originally Posted by mikesiskav View Post
    Any chance of an F8 about half the size with a single 8" woofer being developed? I've always wanted to have a pair of subwoofers in my system, but I think a pair of the current f8's with dual woofers would be overkill for me (or my neighbors).
    I like this idea!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I like this idea!
    Thanks Dave! I hope one day it could happen. I would buy two in a heartbeat. I'm currently running a little M&K KX10SF. It's a small sealed 8 incher and sounds great. The bass notes are much clearer and more defined than the other sub I have (Velodyne Minivee 10). And both are sealed subs but the Velodyne has a larger, heavier cone.

half the size?? how about a prism shaped 6 - driver F8. like a clone of the paradigm sub2, that would be sweet.