Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rythmik F8

Default Re: Rythmik F8

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoJoa View Post
    Right Dave,
    i indeed meant that since is obvious on the website.
    Im sure the F8 is a great sub if some one wants to to cross over 100hz.
    I'm using dual F8's, crossed at 60 with a pair of towers and thoroughly impressed. (keep in mind I have the option of using any Rythmik sub )

I can't put my finger on it -- perhaps it is the transient accuracy of the lighter mass cones, greater dispersion of smaller cones, or an improved upper bass response - but I have been partial to dual 8 designs since I worked on the M&K MX-70, MX-700 and a dual driver version of the VX-7 (which I had hoped would make it to market). All of these subs were sealed dual 8's...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I had a pair of Genesis speakers with dual 8 woofers and am now using a sub with three 8 inch drivers.
    All of these put out plenty of clean bass, and a great musicality. I am eyeing the F8's myself. My next step might be dual subs. I am mostly music with an occasional Blue-Ray movie.
    I am awaiting my LCR Sierra-2's. Downsizing from Towers with a Mini Horizon.

Hi Dave

Not sure if you already answered it but can you suggest the BEST music sub for RAAL towers. Do you recommend one F12 , one F8 or dual F8s and why? ;-)

I would like to know this too..

Quote Originally Posted by rsmt2000 View Post
    Hi Dave

Not sure if you already answered it but can you suggest the BEST music sub for RAAL towers. Do you recommend one F12 , one F8 or dual F8s and why? ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    I would like to know this too..
    In post #21, he implies the F8.
    -curtis

I've been sub shopping for a couple weeks now...and now I've become intrigued by the F8. However, I'm a little puzzled that its amplifier is 62% more powerful than the F12 (600w vs. 370w), yet the F8's output is 1.5db less than the F12. Are all these figures correct? And if so, why?

These figures are correct. That is also the reason you don't see a lot of subwoofers built with multiple smaller diameter drivers. The design goal of F8 is to achieve higher extensioin, meaning the voice coil inductance has to be low and so is the cone assembly weight (which is roughly cone weight plus voice coil weight). All of these prevent us from using a high number of winding to achieve high BL force factor value.

So what spl can we expect from this sub at 20hz vs the f12? Above 90db? 110db?

I never understood the freq/spl graph on product pages

Quote Originally Posted by eliwankenobi View Post
    So what spl can we expect from this sub at 20hz vs the f12? Above 90db? 110db?

I never understood the freq/spl graph on product pages
    The FR graphs on the product page are much like the FR graphs on Ascends' speaker pages. They don't show max SPL, they show linearity.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    The FR graphs on the product page are much like the FR graphs on Ascends' speaker pages. They don't show max SPL, they show linearity.
    Thanks. Thats actually part of the confusion.

I remember asking on a forum about a sub that was less than $300, supposedly reached 20hz... Then the response was "yeah but at what spl?."

I said: good point.

Hence my question here.. I am not doubting it is a good sub. I more than understand that extension alone is not a the most important element when choosing a sub. I am particularly intrigued by the comments on its transient response... But would like the confirmation.. At this price point, it is good competition against Rythmik's own F12 and SVS SB-2000 as far as sealed subs go. The sb-2000 shows its capable of ~ 96db spl at 20hz. Also, Ascend speakers also show spl level of 85 db for freq response graph on Sierra-2, -1 and 90db for the towers.. I believe this is absolute spl levels in a semi anechoic environment.... But Rythmik graphs show this +20 , +5 and -20 db on the spl scale and I don't understand what would be the 0db reference volume...

Can this be clarified?