Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rythmik F8

Default Re: Rythmik F8

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Yes, absolutely. This is exactly what I have been running for the past week now and I am extremely happy with this combination. Give us a call if you would like to order the F8's as we have not yet listed them on our site.
    Dave, please help me understand something here.....
    What would be benefit of the F8 over a single 12" Rythmik? Just curious and I'm sure others will probably want to know.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    Dave, please help me understand something here.....
    What would be benefit of the F8 over a single 12" Rythmik? Just curious and I'm sure others will probably want to know.
    I was going to ask the same thing!

Yes, absolutely. This is exactly what I have been running for the past week now and I am extremely happy with this combination. Give us a call if you would like to order the F8's as we have not yet listed them on our site.
    The smaller and lighter mass woofers generally mean better transient accuracy. The more noticeable advantage is the ability to easily place (2) of them in a room. The F8's have a very small footprint.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave,

Cost associated with the 8" along with any other information? Need some dual duty subs.

Thx

Edit: found the information on Rythmik's website.

Nate

I'm guessing the ability to cross higher means that the bookshelves are relieved from the upper bass as well. But to cross high, the subs needs to be closed to the fronts speakers to reduce localization.
    It seems like what salk has already use in one of their designs and I think this would pair nicely with the sierra 2. If the integration is properly done, crossing higher in the upper bass, might give a better slam since the upper bass are player thru the dual 8.

The smaller and lighter mass woofers generally mean better transient accuracy. The more noticeable advantage is the ability to easily place (2) of them in a room. The F8's have a very small footprint.
    Dave, still looking forward to that more detailed feedback on the F8.

A pair of subs are the next addition to my system (Sierra 1 LCR - I'll eventually add Sierra Towers to the mix for a 5.2 setup). I'm probably 70% music, 30% movies and don't care quite as much about sub-sonic frequencies as some folks here. I definitely like the form factor of the F8 better but wonder what I'd be giving up relative to the F12.

you would be giving up the deep frequencies over the F12. The dual 8 rythmik might just have better upper bass than the sierra 1 or at least have better power handling over the smaller woofer. If you happened to cross your sierra 1 over 100hz, they are likely be better to position as close to the mains. You definitely needs some good bass management.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoJoa View Post
    you would be giving up the deep frequencies over the F12. The dual 8 rythmik might just have better upper bass than the sierra 1 or at least have better power handling over the smaller woofer. If you happened to cross your sierra 1 over 100hz, they are likely be better to position as close to the mains. You definitely needs some good bass management.
    F12 extends only slightly deeper than the F8. I'm not even sure that this small difference would be audible. However, the F12 will have slightly more output at the lowest frequencies.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

F12 extends only slightly deeper than the F8. I'm not even sure that this small difference would be audible. However, the F12 will have slightly more output at the lowest frequencies.
    Right Dave,
    i indeed meant that since is obvious on the website.
    Im sure the F8 is a great sub if some one wants to to cross over 100hz.