Quote Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
Were they close to 1/2 the cost of a dual F8, I would have 2 single F8's in a heartbeat.

My application is 2.1 for music only in a small listening space. CBM 170-SE's have been ordered.
External crossover(s) via Marchand XM-1 modules (LR 24db) are available to me.

Good transient response and higher usable crossover points of the F8 interest me, but I am unclear if I can make good use of said higher crossover points.

Can anyone tell me what frequency bass content usually goes from mono to stereo in recorded music?
Late 60's/early 70's rock&roll is my main jam.
If the answer is say, 100Hz or less then stereo content is being lost crossing a single F8 at 200Hz is my quandary.

Space/fiscal constraints limit me to a single sub placed between the mains. An L12 is my backup plan if I can't satisfy myself that I can well utilize the higher crossover point available from the F8.

I have made inquiry to Rythmik as to the feasibility of modifying an F8 to two separate 8"'s in the stock enclosure and am awaiting further response to my question.
Why do you want to cross at 200Hz? I have a single L12 paired with two CMT-340 SE main for L&R channels. This combo sounds very, very good with 2-ch music and quite good with movie in a 5.1 configuration. Although the CBM-170 does not reach as low as the CMT-340, it reaches low enough to be crossed at 80Hz, which is still well above it's -3dB roll-off point.