Page 1 of 14 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rythmik F8

Default Rythmik F8

Hi guys. Fairly new to the Ascend product as I have just received a pair of Sierra1 Nrt's and Sierra 2's to audition. I'm "new" to the audio world although I've been listening to and playing music all my life.

I'm planning to pair a sub with the pair of Sierra's that I end up keeping...so I'm doing a little research. I'm definitely going with a Rythmik sealed sub. For the foreseeable future I plan to run a 2.1 set-up. Maybe upgrade to 5.1 in the future....maybe. I don't need or want drywall-cracking power. I just want to sufficiently add the low frequencies to my music. My room is fairly good size, about 18x26x8.

I saw that Rythmik has a dual 8" sub that has the ability to crossover up to 250hz. Is there any advantage to crossing that high with a speaker like the Sierra? My limited audio knowledge tells me that it would allow the Sierra to better reproduce the >250hz frequencies, taking some "burden" from them. Please tell me if this is completely wrong!

Jason

Default Re: Rythmik F8

I think most of the time people use a 60 or 80hz crossover with the Sierra's. That relieves much of the strain of the lower frequencies while the Sierra's still play the frequencies that are directional. I would think for your larger room an F12 or F15 would be suitable. A second identical one could be added in the future if needed.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    I think most of the time people use a 60 or 80hz crossover with the Sierra's. That relieves much of the strain of the lower frequencies while the Sierra's still play the frequencies that are directional. I would think for your larger room an F12 or F15 would be suitable. A second identical one could be added in the future if needed.
    The idea of running the subwoofer into the 200Hz range is only recommended when you are using small satellite speakers. With Sierra-1, you should be using a crossover point between 60-80Hz. The Sierra-1 speakers will do a much better job of reproducing the directional frequencies than any subwoofer (80Hz on up). You would only use such a high crossover point when the speakers are not capable of accurately reproducing these frequencies...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I'm really not sure why Rythmik decided to build those F8 subs unless there are enough people with tiny **** acoustimass-type satellites that require sub extension that high. I was thinking it might be nice to have a smaller footprint, but the F8 doesn't save much space compared to the F12.

Quote Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
    I'm really not sure why Rythmik decided to build those F8 subs unless there are enough people with tiny **** acoustimass-type satellites that require sub extension that high. I was thinking it might be nice to have a smaller footprint, but the F8 doesn't save much space compared to the F12.
    I was wondering the same thing...and if that was the case, why not a single 8"? In no way could a little satellite speaker keep in output with a dual 8".
    -curtis

Back from my car audio days, me and my buddies would always run 2 X8 in a sub enclosure. People were always shocked how clean, hard and deep they would hit. I can definitely see were this could come into play especially for music in the home as well, were you want that type of bass. From the F8 specs they go pretty low as well. Would be quite interesting to hear them in person. In my dream home theater setup, if I had unlimited funds, I could see putting one of these on each channel, and then a bigger Rythmic dedicated for LFE, drool!!!!!

I appreciate the info guys! I'm heading the F12 route BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I was wondering the same thing...and if that was the case, why not a single 8"? In no way could a little satellite speaker keep in output with a dual 8".
    Guys,

I gotta tell you, I have been playing around with dual F8's for a few days now and let me share with you - I am thoroughly impressed. I will do a more formal write up as my time frees up but do not pass judgment on these subs just because they have (2) 8's... These are truly something special...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Guys,

I gotta tell you, I have been playing around with dual F8's for a few days now and let me share with you - I am thoroughly impressed. I will do a more formal write up as my time frees up but do not pass judgment on these subs just because they have (2) 8's... These are truly something special...
    Dave. Can I run the dual 8 with my RAAL towers? I still have not picked up a sub yet and need one.

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    Dave. Can I run the dual 8 with my RAAL towers? I still have not picked up a sub yet and need one.
    Yes, absolutely. This is exactly what I have been running for the past week now and I am extremely happy with this combination. Give us a call if you would like to order the F8's as we have not yet listed them on our site.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com