Thread: Question on Sierra-2 RAAL Tweeter Aluminum Foil

Default Question on Sierra-2 RAAL Tweeter Aluminum Foil

Hello,

Just have a dumb question about how "flat" the aluminum foil should be behind the grille and "grate" on the Sierra-2 RAAL Tweeter.

Both of mine are flat and even, except for the top and bottom where it there appears to be a light "fold" or "hump" that is rectangular in shape about 5mm or less.

When I look at the Ascend product photos, it looks like that is normal but when I look at other RAAL product shots in Google search, I can't notice the same.

Being that they are fragile, just thought I check other Sierra-2 owners. Thanks for any feedback.

Default Re: Question on Sierra-2 RAAL Tweeter Aluminum Foil

Quote Originally Posted by dhobo View Post
    Hello,

Just have a dumb question about how "flat" the aluminum foil should be behind the grille and "grate" on the Sierra-2 RAAL Tweeter.

Both of mine are flat and even, except for the top and bottom where it there appears to be a light "fold" or "hump" that is rectangular in shape about 5mm or less.

When I look at the Ascend product photos, it looks like that is normal but when I look at other RAAL product shots in Google search, I can't notice the same.

Being that they are fragile, just thought I check other Sierra-2 owners. Thanks for any feedback.
    If you are seeing this at the very top and bottom of the S2 tweeter, this is where the ribbon attaches to the housing and is perfectly normal. In addition, mild ripples in the diaphragm itself are common as well, and will appear randomly and at various times. None of which have any affect on performance.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com