Thread: Looking for opinions before I make a purchase

Default Looking for opinions before I make a purchase

Hello everyone. I feel like I have made my choice in getting Ascend speakers in the next few months but I want to just hear some opinions. As of now my plan was the towers with ribbon upgrade and a Sierra 2 for the center cause of space issues and at some point I would just pick up a pair of 200 SE for the rears. Recently I had the idea of getting two pairs of Sierra 2's and the center. I hear the towers are a bunch better for music making me thing I should just stick to my first choice but I was hoping to get some random thoughts from people between the two set ups.

Thanks!

Default Re: Looking for opinions before I make a purchase

Hello!
    What are you trying to accomplish? When you say better for music it leads me to think you are using this in more of a HT setup?

If so, my thoughts are maybe look into the CMT-340SE. In the research I did most of the opinions pointed to the Sierra's being more musically inclined. I personally went with the CMT-340's versus the Sierra's since I to almost 100% HT.

Also from my research I don't think you can make a bad choice with Ascend so get what you like and enjoy.
    Lee

Hey thanks for your input. I think I'm sold on the Sierra line though. They would be used a bit more for HT but I do listen to music a lot. I like having people over and it's nice to have great sounding music when hosting people. Also I prefer the nicer finish. I really just want to get the best speakers I can now. I can't really afford to keep upgrading so I want to go big now while I can, before I move into a new place in a few months and really wont have the extra cash to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovesound View Post
    Hello everyone. I feel like I have made my choice in getting Ascend speakers in the next few months but I want to just hear some opinions. As of now my plan was the towers with ribbon upgrade and a Sierra 2 for the center cause of space issues and at some point I would just pick up a pair of 200 SE for the rears. Recently I had the idea of getting two pairs of Sierra 2's and the center. I hear the towers are a bunch better for music making me thing I should just stick to my first choice but I was hoping to get some random thoughts from people between the two set ups.

Thanks!
    If you can only fit a Sierra 2 center, then I would suggest getting Sierra 2s for left and right too. They are excellent for music and you would have a seamless front stage.
    Nate

Thanks Nate. I will have to consider that for sure. I had my heart set on the towers but maybe I'll have to reconsider and just go with Sierra 2s.