Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bit the bullet

Eddie,
    If you run out of room, I'd be glad to "store" some of that gear for ya. No charge. [] [] []
    I believe it would be unusual to have a sub running "hotter" for music than for movies. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

David

It seems that way, David. I haven't got out the SPL meter yet, so my ears could be telling me wrong, but it seems like the sub isn't right for music when left at my calibrated HT setting. Maybe it's the BM of the player, but I'll check.

Eddie,when you get those Outlaw monoblocks please post your thoughts.

Randy

Will do, Randy. It'll take me a couple of months, though. Got a vacation coming up and various other things that kill my HT budget.

Eddie...any more updates? Did you get an SPL meter yet?

-curtis

Yes, Curtis. I've had one, just hadn't tested my theory on the 578's bass output yet. It's playing about 15dB too low, which is disappointing. The ICBM won't make up for that much. I've also seen posts on other forums where other owners of this player have said the same thing. I'll keep it for now and hopefully come up with a solution. I just don't want to have to pour too much money into this part of my HT. The Outlaw Monoblocks are on the way, BTW. Also got a new matching stand. The stand and amps were a trade for some pink sapphire earrings for my honey. Now you all know my secret for getting new gear, and you can also take the cost of my HT and double it!!!

OK...I read that wrong at first. Thought you meant you traded the sapphire earrings for the amps and stands. Was beginning to wonder why you are still alive. []

-curtis

Yeah........I didn't type that quite right. BTW, Curtis.....you got any thoughts on how I could correct that -15dB problem I'm having with my 578?

is there a level adjustment in the player...I know my 563 has it. How are the speakers setup in the 578?

-curtis

The 578 doesn't have the level adjustments that the 563 has. The speaker settings, to my knowledge...the manual is a little vague, don't change the .1 channel. They just control bass re-direction, so it doesn't matter whether you set them for small or large.