Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bit the bullet

Eddie,

Does your Yamaha have the ability to do bass management on the 5.1 analog inputs?

-curtis

Eddie, good luck dealing with Ivan! We are supposed to get hit the hardest here in Prattville around noon tomorrow according to the last reports. My advice on set up is to make sure you go deep enough into the menus to get the right settings selected. On my Denon DVD-2200 player stereo (non M/C), digital (where it needs to be analog), and regular playback (instead of Hi-Rez SACD and DVD-A) are the default settings. Just make certain that the player is "looking" for the proper type of source and of course ensure that your analog inputs are being used.

Thanks, Ben. Good luck with Ivan. Curtis, it doesn't do BM for the analog inputs, but if I really dig the high rez music, I'll buy an Outlaw ICBM. That'll still be cheaper than a new Denon.....they're a little over my budget right now.

I am wondering if the 578 has improved bass management over the 563.

All of you guys, good luck with this hurricane business!

-curtis

hope everything turns out OK for those who are greatly affected by Ivan.

Thanks Metalaaron, hopefully by the time Ivan gets up around Chattanooga it will be mostly just rain.

8:15 A.M. Thursday morning. Still have power, but it's getting ugly around B'ham. Slightly O.T., but oh well.

smokey is offline Forum Founder
    Volunteer Administrator

Hang in there and stay dry, guys. Our thoughts are with you.

As to O.T., that's one of the benefits of being a relatively low-traffic forum. Nothing is really O.T!

-Smokey.

Thanks, the Management.

8:37 Thursday night. Power was off from about 10:30 to just a bit ago. Everyone came through O.K. Thanks for the concern and thoughts, guys!!! Now, maybe I can get that new Pioneer fired up before the weekend is over. Still have some clean up to do first.

In addition to Ivan, I had my tonsils removed at age 31 on Monday (ouch), so I've been off all week. Got the Pioneer 578 hooked up this morning, went out and bought DSOTM and fired it up. Wow!!! This album was made for multi-channel. I'll be buying more discs soon. Still have to play around with speaker settings because it doesn't say what the crossover point is for SACD or DVD-A, only gives a choice of "large" or "small" for speaker sizes. I think my sub could stand to be turned up a notch or two for multi-channel, but I don't want to have to change sub setting everytime I switch between music and movies. Now I need a new A/V rack just like the other one I have on the left side of the T.V. It is exactly the same height as the T.V. and matches perfectly, but only has 4 shelves that are now occupied by receiver, PS2, Zenith DVD player, and my cable box. Just got the Pioneer sitting on top of the Zenith for now, but will soon be adding 3 Outlaw Monoblocks, an ICBM, and a BFD, so I'll be out of space very soon. This is getting expensive, but it sure is fun.