Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do I have enough power?

Default Do I have enough power?

Hi there, newbie here. I am considering the Sierra RAAL towers for my 2.0 system, and I'd like to know if my Rogue audio sphinx amp, at 100 Watts per channel, is sufficient for these speakers.

Thanks,

Chris

Default Re: Do I have enough power?

I would think so. How big is your room? How loud do you like to listen?

The room is approx 14X23. The stereo is at one end of the room, and we sit about 10 ft. From the speakers we have now. I don't crank my system by any means. Musical tastes range from rock, metal, to blues and acoustic.

Your amp power is probably more than enough. The towers are a fairly efficient speaker (meaning they don't need a lot of power to get pretty loud).

If you do find yourself cranking it up to the point that the amp is struggling, just get a more powerful amp. But I strongly doubt you'll need to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Spine guy View Post
    Hi there, newbie here. I am considering the Sierra RAAL towers for my 2.0 system, and I'd like to know if my Rogue audio sphinx amp, at 100 Watts per channel, is sufficient for these speakers.

Thanks,

Chris
    Quite a bit more than sufficient, a very good choice of amplifier
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

my new towers (nrt domes) arrived monday night...running them with my sphinx...the system sounds soooooo amazing...my room about the same size... i run the amp at about 9 oclock on the volume dial to comfortably fill the whole house with sweet, sweet sound....and they really rock at about 10:30/11 on the volume dial...the tube front and hypex back of the sphinx really mesh with the sierra towers...the texture and detail are just amazing...lovin the towers...

Quote Originally Posted by wilcat_2000 View Post
    my new towers (nrt domes) arrived monday night...running them with my sphinx...the system sounds soooooo amazing...my room about the same size... i run the amp at about 9 oclock on the volume dial to comfortably fill the whole house with sweet, sweet sound....and they really rock at about 10:30/11 on the volume dial...the tube front and hypex back of the sphinx really mesh with the sierra towers...the texture and detail are just amazing...lovin the towers...
    Congrats on getting the Sierra Towers! And thanks for posting about those amps. They are made in the US which is the next best thing to being made in Canada hehe! The unique Rogue has had my attention for awhile and it's great to see the Towers mated with a worthy and yet affordable amp.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by wilcat_2000 View Post
    You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear your story! I'm still deciding, and saving. I still need a turntable, so it's either the towers with the RAALS with a budget turntable, or the nrt tweeters and a much better cartridge. Decisions, decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Quite a bit more than sufficient, a very good choice of amplifier
    I'm glad to hear I have a worthwhile amp for the towers. I did a lot of research on amps, and it wasn't an easy decision, but I'm very happy with the Sphinx.

Just got my RAAL towers last week. Running them with the Primaluna Dialogue HP tube amp. The combination is really good.