Thread: Rythmik F12 vs F12G for Sierra 2?

Default Rythmik F12 vs F12G for Sierra 2?

The online advice seem to be that there is no real difference between the Rythmik F12 and F12G if you cross over at 80Hz or lower. Can I expect to cross over at 80Hz for the Sierra 2? Or would having the F12G and crossing over at a higher frequency help me? I'm, for the moment, planing on one subwoofer in a small home office. Eventually I may end up with two of two subwoofers and move them to the living room...but it is hard to tell how the system will evolve. To the extent it matters, I'd like to maintain flexibility. I play only music, a mix of classical through dance. No home theater.

My guess is that the F12 is (very slightly) better, since I'll cross at 80Hz or lower and I'll it will be a bit' stronger'. Thanks.

Default Re: Rythmik F12 vs F12G for Sierra 2?

Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    The online advice seem to be that there is no real difference between the Rythmik F12 and F12G if you cross over at 80Hz or lower. Can I expect to cross over at 80Hz for the Sierra 2? Or would having the F12G and crossing over at a higher frequency help me? I'm, for the moment, planing on one subwoofer in a small home office. Eventually I may end up with two of two subwoofers and move them to the living room...but it is hard to tell how the system will evolve. To the extent it matters, I'd like to maintain flexibility. I play only music, a mix of classical through dance. No home theater.

My guess is that the F12 is (very slightly) better, since I'll cross at 80Hz or lower and I'll it will be a bit' stronger'. Thanks.
    You definitely do not want to crossover at higher than 80Hz. In fact, for the Sierra-2 - I generally recommend crossing at 60Hz.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com