Thread: I found this great thread discussing RAAL tweeters

Default I found this great thread discussing RAAL tweeters

This thread is a little old but reading through its 5 pages, I learned a lot about tweeters in general and further confirmed how awesome RAAL tweeters are.

I like DIY forums for much of my research because they are often full of pragmatic skeptics -- my kind of people.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...e-RAAL-70-20XR

Default Re: I found this great thread discussing RAAL tweeters

I read that thread a couple of years ago. I built my own speakers with cheap ribbons (Beston) as an experiment and really liked the articulation that even the lower cost Ribbons could deliver. I loved Dr. Heil's Air Motion Transformer from the 70's (own 2 sets), so the move to Ribbons was a natural for me as I love the sound. Dave work is a truly OUTSTANDING design and implementation to create a MASTERPIECE! I would state that ALL of his Raal designs (2's, Horizon and Tower) are the pinnacle of performance at this price point and above. The laminated Bamboo (inert) is an added bonus! Truly great work IMHO!
    The Raal Ribbon is at the zenith of Ribbon design at the present time.
    If anyone is sitting on the fence about purchasing these speakers from Ascend, I can heartily recommend that they do so!
    Last edited by essneff; 11-21-2014 at 06:24 AM.