Thread: Sierra 2 Center Orientation Horizontal vs. Upright

Default Sierra 2 Center Orientation Horizontal vs. Upright

Hey folks,

Currently awaiting the Horizon center on back order, however, with my L/R being Sierra 2's I seriously considering just going with another Sierra 2 as center. I would to need to seriously rearrange things to go with the upright position and am wondering if the benefits of upright vs. horizontal are worth it (i.e., frequency dispersion benefits, etc.). I'm thinking the upright position is worth the extra hassle of moving screen,etc. Thoughts. Thanks so much!

Default Re: Sierra 2 Center Orientation Horizontal vs. Upright

Not sure what your question is - the Sierra 2 comes in a center version designed to sit horizontally. I'm listening to one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhnsmj View Post
    Not sure what your question is - the Sierra 2 comes in a center version designed to sit horizontally. I'm listening to one now.
    Huh I recall the option being offered back a few years ago when I got my sierra 1 center. Well, that makes things a bit more straightforward. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JW6 View Post
    Hey folks,

Currently awaiting the Horizon center on back order, however, with my L/R being Sierra 2's I seriously considering just going with another Sierra 2 as center. I would to need to seriously rearrange things to go with the upright position and am wondering if the benefits of upright vs. horizontal are worth it (i.e., frequency dispersion benefits, etc.). I'm thinking the upright position is worth the extra hassle of moving screen,etc. Thoughts. Thanks so much!
    You always have the option of placing the center channel speaker vertical and rotating the tweeter 90 degrees. I considered going vertical with my Sierra2 cemetery speaker, but decided against it because of it looking too awkward. I think the sonic benefits would be very subtle.
    Nate

I tried it vertical to match the LR and I liked it better that way, but how my TV is setup I have to run it horizontal. All you have to do is unscrew the tweeter and turn it 90 degrees.