Thread: If you have to go in-ceiling...

Default If you have to go in-ceiling...

I'm moving to a new house next week and my main living room, where we'll do most of our entertaining, isn't conducive to a floor-standing LCR arrangement. I might be able to move my Sierra towers and Horizon along one wall, but my gut tells me it will be suboptimal for a variety of reasons (traffic flow, viewing angles, etc.). I'm still going to try it, but in case it doesn't work out, I'll have two options:

1) TV mounted above fireplace, phantom center with my Sierra towers, and get in-ceiling speakers for surrounds.

or...

2) Go with all in-ceiling speakers (I know in-ceiling is a compromise ). I've been looking at some in-ceiling speakers from BG Radia that utilize planar ribbon tweeters.

So most likely I'll need in-ceiling speakers, whether it be for surrounds or for a full 5.0 arrangement. Coming from Ascend's...in-ceiling have HUGE shoes to fill. Do any of you have experience with in-ceiling speakers, if so, which brands and models would you recommend?

Default Re: If you have to go in-ceiling...

Quote Originally Posted by jahjd2000 View Post
    I'm moving to a new house next week and my main living room, where we'll do most of our entertaining, isn't conducive to a floor-standing LCR arrangement. I might be able to move my Sierra towers and Horizon along one wall, but my gut tells me it will be suboptimal for a variety of reasons (traffic flow, viewing angles, etc.). I'm still going to try it, but in case it doesn't work out, I'll have two options:

1) TV mounted above fireplace, phantom center with my Sierra towers, and get in-ceiling speakers for surrounds.

or...

2) Go with all in-ceiling speakers (I know in-ceiling is a compromise ). I've been looking at some in-ceiling speakers from BG Radia that utilize planar ribbon tweeters.

So most likely I'll need in-ceiling speakers, whether it be for surrounds or for a full 5.0 arrangement. Coming from Ascend's...in-ceiling have HUGE shoes to fill. Do any of you have experience with in-ceiling speakers, if so, which brands and models would you recommend?
    Have you found a suitable solution?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com